ATF changes opinion on pistol stabilizer brace

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    No way in Hell and high water from Mississippi would this have ever gone through in the democratic era.

I love Trump and I actually LOVE AMERICA again!!! ViVa la trumpola

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Damn.. just when all my form 1s have been approved. I guess I'll have to build another pistol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    See here is the issue with ATF and local authorities ,such as game warden,dept,etc.

Say you shooting your firearm in the woods.A warden approaches,asks,sir is this
    your land.

Owner: ,yes sir.

Warden:,ok I noticed you had a stock on that shorter bbl rifle.

Owner:No sir this is a stabilizing brace,Here is paperwork.

Warden: hmm sure looks like a stock.

Owner: No sir,it is a stabilizing brace.

Where does it go from there:( Probably bad or not good.Hard to say

And whos to say,at this point ,if I super glue my stock so it doesn't move,Does that constitute it as a stabilizing brace? HMMM

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    See here is the issue with ATF and local authorities ,such as game warden,dept,etc.

Say you shooting your firearm in the woods.A warden approaches,asks,sir is this
    your land.

Owner: ,yes sir.

Warden:,ok I noticed you had a stock on that shorter bbl rifle.

Owner:No sir this is a stabilizing brace,Here is paperwork.

Warden: hmm sure looks like a stock.

Owner: No sir,it is a stabilizing brace.

Where does it go from there:( Probably bad or not good.Hard to say

And whos to say,at this point ,if I super glue my stock so it doesn't move,Does that constitute it as a stabilizing brace? HMMM

To begin with, if any law authority is on your property without your invitation, warrant, complaint, etc. then they have no reason to be there and asking any questions at all! If they are on your property without an invite, warrant, or complaint, then they are tresspassing and you can legally have them removed from your property! Check the laws!

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    To begin with, if any law authority is on your property without your invitation, warrant, complaint, etc. then they have no reason to be there and asking any questions at all! If they are on your property without an invite, warrant, or complaint, then they are tresspassing and you can legally have them removed from your property! Check the laws!

You should familiarize yourself with the powers granted to game wardens.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

And you my friend should familiarize yourself with state, federal laws and powers of an attorney! Are you or your wife an attorney? If not then you dont have a fricken' clue! ;)

I take it that you are a game warden? How much of your possessions are you willing to donate to my cause if you tresspass on my private property? Not counting the criminal charges that you could serve time for violating laws.

Last edited:

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur

Vermiform is 100% correct on this one guys.My farther in law for 12 years WAS the game warden ,over 1000s
    of acres in arkansas.

A game warden has more power than the FBI or any agency you would assume would be higher.They actually can
    go in your house,,check your freezer ,if they suspect anything , and arrest your ass accordingly.

I would mess with a federal agent or even a us marshal before I would mess with a warden..

True Dat !!!!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Let's just say that a "game warden" goes to an academy "school" for 8 to 12 weeks to learn their job. And then again, a lawyer goes to "school" for 8 years to learn their job. Which one has more time and knowledge of what the laws are? ;)

Deerslayer440

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    Sulphur
    Let's just say that a "game warden" goes to an academy "school" for 8 to 12 weeks to learn their job. And then again, a lawyer goes to "school" for 8 years to learn their job. Which one has more time and knowledge of what the laws are? ;)

Not sure what your implying,but your statement has no bearing in this case.

A dr may go to school 17 years just to be a toe dr.And a neurologist may only go 5-7 years.

I'm thinking I would trust a neurologist over a toe man lol..

Time of education has nothing to do with the knowledge needed to perform your dutys,job,etc..

A police officer goes 6-8 weeks training and he can shoot your ass.Dont know of any drs that can do that.

Its not the amount or the longevity of the education,it is the knowledge gained during that education that is relevant.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Its not the amount or the longevity of the education,it is the knowledge gained during that education that is relevant.

I'm not taking a side in this one but i can clarify a few things. Podiatrists typically need 8 years of college. Neurologists need 12. Law school is typically 3 years plus undergraduate degree and covers a wide range of law. Idk if W&F requires a degree but the academy is short relatively speaking and very focused on a small area of law. That said theres good and bad lawyers, doctors, game wardens, leos and every other profession. Rather than speculate can someone cite the actual law? This would move forward in a much more productive way.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Okay, unless I am missing something. Has the ATF actually published a legal "paper" ruling on this yet?
    I may have missed it.

Top Bottom