I-Target

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    You can download the iTarget app from the app store for free... you're paying for the laser ammo and the fancy stand. There are a number of these types of units out there, like LaserPET and the LaserLyte system.

I have a projector and screen and use an open source (FREE) piece of software called "ShootOFF". It has moving targets, steel plates, etc. It can be configured for distance and different ranges (like a simulated Hikock45's range even!)

If you want something inexpensive and you have a webcam and projector (could probably work with a flat screen also)... you can setup your own home shooting range for a minimal amount of money. The laser you can get for this is made by LaserLyte and its about $50 right now on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...eld-keywords=laser+ammo&rh=i:aps,k:laser+ammo

The SHOOTOFF Software is available here... http://www.shootoffapp.com

It works with any laser ammo with an instant flash capability... like the laserlyte laser ammo, the generic laser ammo cartridges on eBay (not boresight lasers) or the SIRT pistol, etc.

There are even IR options available now.. so you don't even see the laser. I beleive Laserlyte makes a "Sound" and motion activated laser that will work in blowback airsoft pistols as well, so it adds a little more realism. I believe they even make a Glock automatic reset trigger and laser barrel, but then you're getting into some cash.

Here's another resource... https://www.laser-ammo.com/

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Not a problem. Just so you (and everyone else) know(s)...

You can setup your own indoor range with ShootOFF with only a computer, a laser ammo cartridge and a webcam. Run the software, hang a range target on the wall, point the webcam at the target, calibrate the software and you're in business.

If you take your time and research, you can probably be shooting for about $200.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Is there any advantage to the DIY? Looks like the iTarget is $90 total and ready to shoot unless I am missing something.

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    The iTarget is a really easy setup and works great for me. So much so I initially bought the 9mm laser and just recently purchased the 380 laser. When I'm bored I just install laser and start working on my trigger pull.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom