suppressed subsonic .308 load data

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    good morning folks, well been working on some diff loads for my .308 suppressed and ran across a great bullet/load and there isn't much on it over the wide world of the e-net so I figured I would give a quick little review. Been waiting on these to come back in stock for a while now, and for .12 a bullet is way cheaper than the 170gr and 220 gr hornady interlocks I been shooting for around .29 each. They have a fmj and hp, I only tried the hp's and got 3 shot group under 1" @75 yards staying subsonic. Rainier suggest that you keep them under 1600fps. Havent tried them for expansion yet. It took a little longer getting these at the right load because of the OAL isn't listed anywhere, and they are a "wedge" type bullet so if you try to go the same oal as a standard 180 gr, you can tell it wont work right by the look of where the bullet would be crimped. For plinking they have proved great!!!! I will be playing around with them and maybe try some hog hunting in the back yard later on after I get a couple hundred down the barrel, but for the price these are quickly turning to my go to .308 subsonic load, good luck fellas, and as always the disclaimer...
    :mamoru:
    test loads without suppressor first at 25,50,100 yards and make sure no key hole or crazy grouping prior to trying with suppressor

link to bullet
    hp
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...ameter-subsonic-180-grain-plated-hollow-point

fmj
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...bsonic-180-grain-plated-round-nose-flat-point

gun specs

Remington 700 sps fluted tactical
    20" 1:10 twist
    silencerco asr brake
    silencerco omega 30

load specs

Rainier Lead Safe Bullets 300 AAC Blackout (308 Diameter) Subsonic 180 Grain Plated Hollow Point
    mix brass
    Winchester large rifle primer
    9.5gr trail boss (anyting over 9.8gr went super in my gun)
    light crimp (lee factory crimp)
    2.7" OAL

other proven loads for me

Hornady 170gr flat point interlock (30-30 bullet)
    10gr of trailboss
    Factory crimp on cannelure

Hornady 220gr flat point interlock
    12.5gr trailboss
    Factory crimp on cannelure

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      240.8 KB · Views: 177
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      212.3 KB · Views: 215
    • asse.jpg
      asse.jpg
      9.4 KB · Views: 1,124
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      199.3 KB · Views: 191
    Last edited:

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    Appreciate the write up man, awesome work. I just got into reloading 308, (this weekend actually lol), and i want to try a bunch of different loads. This one may be in my ballpark since I will be shooting supressed as well. Let us know how consistent they are and if they work on some pigs. Im very interested how they will expand for hunting short range on some hogs.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    The specs on the bullet state don't go over 1600fps, so I guessing it's because it's made to expand under sub sonic load.. I still need to try it out on some pigs and water jugs.. But if I'm going for penetration, it will be the interlock 220 gr, I have shot it the 220gr subsonic through 5- 2"x6" boards lined up all touching each other.... So that's at least 7.5" of solid treated wood!!!, not bad for subsonics

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Here is my data for subsonic 308:

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308
    16.5" 1:10 Twist

Bullet type: Hornady ELD Match
    Bullet weight : 208 grain
    Powder type: Trail Boss
    Load Grain : 11.0 Subsonic