1892 Winchester in 32-20

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For as many years as I've been shooting and reloading, I had never gotten into lever action guns. Two months ago I came across a nice 1892 Winchester in New Orleans (serial number dated it to 1911) and I decided to take the plunge and pick it up. I had some factory 32-20 ammo for a S&W revolver that I shoot occasionally, and I figured the 1892 would make a nice addition to the collection.

I finally got it out to the range tonight, and WOW. I see why people get addicted to these things. It was quite the tack driver at 25 yards, and the trigger had a crispness that is tough to beat.

The gun is complete and (from what I can tell) all original, but it's got enough wear and tear on it that I think I'll keep enjoying it at the range. Seems a shame to leave her in the safe.

Mike

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Here's a quick shot. I'll take a few more when there's good natural light outside.

Mike

IMG_4695_zpsdz0jqkvs.jpg

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Yes more pictures please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

jodum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    I have two Winchester 1892 rifles in 32-20, my grandfathers and my great grandfathers. I love shooting them. I cant count the rabbits I killed with my granddads 92 when I was a kid. I only shoot cast bullets in them since the bores on both are pretty worn but still shoot well. I use a lot of HP38 for my 32-20 cast reloads.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have two Winchester 1892 rifles in 32-20, my grandfathers and my great grandfathers. I love shooting them. I cant count the rabbits I killed with my granddads 92 when I was a kid. I only shoot cast bullets in them since the bores on both are pretty worn but still shoot well. I use a lot of HP38 for my 32-20 cast reloads.

32-20 is one of the calibers I have never reloaded. I picked up an original period Winchester reloading tool and bullet mold, so I'm excited to give it a try.

Mike

jodum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    The walls of the 32-20 are very thin so be careful reloading. If you flare the case mouth to wide the case will split. If not flared enough the bullet will crush the case when seated. You will also have to flare the cases for jacketed bullets to keep from crushing the case. A pain to reload but worth it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom