New Member from Houma area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    New member here from the Houma area. Looking to gain some information and insight (and hopefully give) from others.

Interested in all firearms except for shotguns and antiques. My very humble (just starting) collection includes HK USP, M&P VTAC, Howa 1500, and Colt 6920.

Reload - 9mm, 6.5 CM, .243, .223, .204 Ruger. Want to start loading .257 Wby and .300 BLK

Any advice, comments, or questions appreciated.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    New member here from the Houma area. Looking to gain some information and insight (and hopefully give) from others.

Interested in all firearms except for shotguns and antiques. My very humble (just starting) collection includes HK USP, M&P VTAC, Howa 1500, and Colt 6920.

Reload - 9mm, 6.5 CM, .243, .223, .204 Ruger. Want to start loading .257 Wby and .300 BLK

Any advice, comments, or questions appreciated.

Welcome. How do you like the Howa so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    It's a Multicam heavy barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. The stock, fit/finish, trigger, and cerakote seem awesome for a $600 rifle. It's not shooting terribly great (1 MOA from bags on a bench), but it has less than 200 rounds, and that's usually when mine start shooting well. I've killed a buck, a fox, and a ram with it though.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    It's a Multicam heavy barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. The stock, fit/finish, trigger, and cerakote seem awesome for a $600 rifle. It's not shooting terribly great (1 MOA from bags on a bench), but it has less than 200 rounds, and that's usually when mine start shooting well. I've killed a buck, a fox, and a ram with it though.

I've been shooting a Tikka T3 that I've been really happy with. I've seen a couple of good deals on used Howa's that have peaked my interest so thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    We think alike. I was deciding between them two as well. I've heard nothing but great things about the Tikka T3, but the twist rates on the barrels was the only thing that discouraged me. Everyone says they shoot so great though. I may have to get one.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    why the lack of interest in shotguns? i think even the low recoil buckshot is very effective at short range.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    why the lack of interest in shotguns? i think even the low recoil buckshot is very effective at short range.

I have a Weatherby PA-459 that I only take out to turkey hunt, a Browning A-5 that I inherited, and a .410 pump 870 Express (my first firearm). I just never bring them to the range to shoot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom