Magpul Glock 19 mags?!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Was curious if anyone had any luck with running these mags compared to OEM mags.... I purchased 1 new yesterday from academy and had high expectations due to my good luck with there AR mags but had 3-4 failure to feed issues.... put factory mags in and gun eats it's up. I have an older Glock (gen 2) in which all springs are gonna be replaced today just for peace of mind.

Anyways... lemme know if any of y'all have had any luck with these mags. Thx!

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I always stuck with factory magazines for my Glock handguns. To date, I've only used Magpul's grips, AR, and AK magazines. I just see no need to use anything other than factory Glock magazines in my handguns. Based on prior ownership experience with other handguns, I always had better luck running factory manufactured magazines or the OEM if I could figure out who the OEM was. For example, in my Sig P226 and Ruger KP95, Mec-Gar magazines were flawless when compared to the factory provided magazines with those guns.

The only exception I had with regards to handgun manufacturer magazines were Kimber 1911 magazines because my Kimber always ran better with Novaks, Wilson Combat, or Cobra magazines than the Kimber branded magazines in a Kimber 1911. I no longer own a Kimber 1911 and I am giving the remaining Kimber 1911 magazines to a family member. At best, he can perform malfunction drills with them at the range, lol. At worst, I hope they aren't in his Sig GSR when his life is on the line.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Was curious if anyone had any luck with running these mags compared to OEM mags.... I purchased 1 new yesterday from academy and had high expectations due to my good luck with there AR mags but had 3-4 failure to feed issues.... put factory mags in and gun eats it's up. I have an older Glock (gen 2) in which all springs are gonna be replaced today just for peace of mind.

Anyways... lemme know if any of y'all have had any luck with these mags. Thx!

I have a few magpul mags. No issues here. But I only use it at the range. If there was any failures, it would be an opportune time to practice malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I have 5 that got tossed into a deal from Palmetto Arms. I run them on the range. No issues. I would assume they each have a few hundred rounds through them. Glock OEM mags are cheap enough that I have plenty of them around for actual off-range use.

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Replaced all springs and cleaned everything up and had no problem issues with the mag today.....guess it was wishful thinking. Lol

I normally run nothing but factory mags out of all my glocks in the past.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom