The level of don't give a crap is amazing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    With our local Baton Rouge fed ex.

So I received some stuff that a shipper sent me by mistake. I'm honest so I called them and told them. Prolly could have kept the 1000$ worth of stuff and sold it and they never would have known, since it came freight so no tracking labels and such.

Anyway, they send me labels and pay for fed ex to pick it up at my house. Great, right?

I schedule it and that day, put them out. Put them right exactly where I described on the pickup sheet. A stack of boxes. 4.5 feet tall. Visible from my driveway. Get the picture? Not exactly easy to miss.

So they don't get picked up. I call national fed ex. Their reason? Package not there. I see them the next morning leaving for work. They where there. All day. In fact, fed ex delivered a package to me that very same day. A small package. Wanna guess where they left it?
    ON TOP OF THE STACK OF BOXES THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PICKED UP!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I have a prob a 900ft gravel driveway, and fedex is the only delevery company that feels it's a off road nascar track, I have talked to them and called in on them and they continue to do it, ups ect is allwasy respectful, maybe it's just my driver lol

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    That is one of the reasons I dont use fedex unless I absolutely positively have no other choice.

Oh I will not ever use FedEx and haven't for awhile. But sometimes I have no choice when I'm the receiver. And, that's the only shipper this particular company uses. It wasn't my choice for sure.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Oh I will not ever use FedEx and haven't for awhile. But sometimes I have no choice when I'm the receiver. And, that's the only shipper this particular company uses. It wasn't my choice for sure.

I understand that as some companys I have dealt with and deal with will only use fedex as their method of shipment. :(

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I've been forced to use the FedEx shipping hub to send firearms back to the manufacturer a few times but usually try to stay away. As others have mentioned, you don't always have a choice when receiving, but when I see the option I will always choose USPS or UPS...mostly because I'm not certain the traps I leave for the FedEx ninjas are legal and I don't wanna get in trouble.
    UPS holds their drivers to a higher standard and pays them better, or so I've heard from a couple of drivers over the years. I actually know one that was our regular driver when I was a teen. His name is John and he's since retired. He is the guy who had the boy in a bubble. Maybe someone here will remember that.
    Anyway, it's all about the people UPS hires I think.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Both FedEx and UPS come to my pharmacy twice a day, We tend to get deliveries in the morning and they come to pick up anything we are shipping in the evening, even if we aren't shipping something. They are pretty reliable, BUT one day, the guy never came to grab an package in the evening, so here I am having the call the person vendor we were supplying, why their things aren't going to get to them till the following week.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I've been forced to use the FedEx shipping hub to send firearms back to the manufacturer a few times but usually try to stay away. As others have mentioned, you don't always have a choice when receiving, but when I see the option I will always choose USPS or UPS...mostly because I'm not certain the traps I leave for the FedEx ninjas are legal and I don't wanna get in trouble.
    UPS holds their drivers to a higher standard and pays them better, or so I've heard from a couple of drivers over the years. I actually know one that was our regular driver when I was a teen. His name is John and he's since retired. He is the guy who had the boy in a bubble. Maybe someone here will remember that.
    Anyway, it's all about the people UPS hires I think.

I agree with you on UPS. My local ups driver and I are friends and he will go out of his way to help me out if he can. If I have to ship something where I need to hand deliver it to a shipping hub, I will bypass the fedex hub by several miles just to deliver it to the ups hub because I have more satisfaction and confidence in them getting the job done for me or the person receiving what I am shipping.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Dump this problem back on the company paying for the shipping. Tell them you're going to start charging storage fees soon... :)

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I have had fedex drop off shipments at my front door and back door and didnt have a clue that they were there because the driver did not/does not ring the door bell or knock on the doors. The only way I knew the shipments were there was because I recieved an email stating that the delivery was delivered! A couple of times 2 days after the delivery was made! Fedex sucks in my opinion!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Well, they got picked up today. The delivery driver for another package I had coming (from same place) picked them up. That's exactly what the rep I called said wouldn't happen cause it was a different group. So, I had rescheduled the pickup for Monday. I don't think I'll call them back and let them know. I am tired of fooling with it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have had fedex drop off shipments at my front door and back door and didnt have a clue that they were there because the driver did not/does not ring the door bell or knock on the doors. The only way I knew the shipments were there was because I recieved an email stating that the delivery was delivered! A couple of times 2 days after the delivery was made! Fedex sucks in my opinion!

They ninjas man

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom