New Orleans has hit an all time low.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Ok, yeah I searched on google and Mobile AL news but couldn't find anything on it. I'll try searching FB.
    Shot a runner beforehand? WTF is wrong with these pr*cks today?

Worse and worse every day. A time is soon approaching when people will have to defend themselves, their families, and their castle for real.

I agree John, its getting worse and worse everyday and not just in certain areas but, darn near everywhere! :(

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    When it gets to that point is is going to get ugly fast. A lot of the guys I know are trying to figure a way to carry without losing performance. I joked earlier about slinging or mounting an AR or AK but that does not seem so far fetched anymore

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    In addition to other factors, many in Louisiana think we should soften the laws or decriminalize many charges. We are incarcerating way too many people in LA, that we lead the nation. And that may be, but what happened to individual accountability? What about teaching basic morals, family values, a traditional family unit, and respecting everyone and our laws? Or studying and/or working hard to achieve one's goals?
    We have a culture that is simply out of control. Failure to ascribe to the laws of our land. Failure to live as a law abiding citizens. Failure to succeed.

No the LA liberal thinks we should "change or modify" our existing laws. Make illegal drugs legal, and tax them. Do away with serious hard time for repeat offenders. Soften sentencing. Already we are seeing the effects of our LEOs and departments overtaxed by rising crime. Heroin usage is a runaway train right now.

NO has released many being held under charges because the Public Defenders were broke. Can't afford to foot the bill for the accused's legal representation, and/or just not enough attorneys to go around. Some for violent crimes. Overcrowding in jails and our prisons. When the law breakers, convicts, and perps know there is little retribution for their illegal activities, WATCH OUT.

Yet the liberals worry about AC for the inmates on Death Row at Angola. Scream inhumane conditions and treatment in the August heat. The death penalty amounts to inhumane treatment. Oh we cannot have any pain for those executed....SMH. Drug manufacturers and distributors are frowning on supplying the medications necessary for lethal injection executions. That is a real problem today, reliable suppliers for the drugs required to perform executions.

And just who foots the bill for all this? Taxpayers that's who. People who actually work hard and pay substantial taxes, be it personal income, business, sales, or real estate taxes.

Oh yeah, the worst is yet to come. We cannot "fix" this one. It's a growing cancer in our society.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    +1 John! It's an issue with society and this generation. Problem is, there is no "humane" way to fix it. We cannot be in everyone's home, raising their kids. We cannot cut off welfare/food stamps, since it would leave people hungry and dying. We cannot ban abortion and get rid of WIC programs and Medicaid footing the bill for these people breeding.

I wish we could cut off those things and it would take a generation to reprogram themselves for the next set. To realize that it requires hard work and discipline to move up in this world. Unfortunately, there would be too many people on the streets, hungry, dying, that they would never approve of that. And not only that, if those programs were cut off, the people using it will be after our possessions. They will rob and steal like no other. When we created those programs we created these problems

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    +1 John! It's an issue with society and this generation. Problem is, there is no "humane" way to fix it. We cannot be in everyone's home, raising their kids. We cannot cut off welfare/food stamps, since it would leave people hungry and dying. We cannot ban abortion and get rid of WIC programs and Medicaid footing the bill for these people breeding.

I wish we could cut off those things and it would take a generation to reprogram themselves for the next set. To realize that it requires hard work and discipline to move up in this world. Unfortunately, there would be too many people on the streets, hungry, dying, that they would never approve of that. And not only that, if those programs were cut off, the people using it will be after our possessions. They will rob and steal like no other. When we created those programs we created these problems

I just wish those people that get the free stuff would take the same drug test that I do! I also wish those people getting free stuff was ordered some form of community service!

iwhodat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    River Ridge, Louisiana
    I head out to NOLA East every Monday thru Friday for work at 5:15am sharp. I wouldn't dare walk out of my house without my XD40. I've seen my fair share of shady characters. Every one of my coworkers carry, as well. Most of us don't even stop for red lights in the questionable areas. It's early and there isn't much traffic at that time of the morning. It's sad that this great city is run down with undesirables. My wife doesn't even want to spend any leisure time in New Orleans, in fear of getting shot or robbed. She brings her little Ruger 380 to work everyday and she's not scared to use it, if necessary.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I just wish those people that get the free stuff would take the same drug test that I do! I also wish those people getting free stuff was ordered some form of community service!

I like the way you think. Random drug tests for participants of free stuff programs. You know why the gov doesn't do that? Because a major portion just might test positive at some point.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I live in the Midcity area of New Orleans and I have never been to the WW2 museum. I don't plan on going at all at this point.

Why? WHy would you rob yourself of that opportunity and penalize the museum, which is a positive thing, for other things you do not like?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom