New Orleans has hit an all time low.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    It was an Air Rifle that was used and a Pellet was lodged in the cyclist, not a .22, just to clarify.

Also, the only reason they caught it on camera was because the rider with the camera started recording his rides because he was shot with Paintball guns in the past when riding in the area.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    It was an Air Rifle that was used and a Pellet was lodged in the cyclist, not a .22, just to clarify.

Also, the only reason they caught it on camera was because the rider with the camera started recording his rides because he was shot with Paintball guns in the past when riding in the area.

To clarify: The NOPD originally said it was an air rifle. I ride with these guys and they have since confirmed, and NOPD has changed their findings, that it was in fact a .22 cal bullet.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My wife and I spent most of Saturday in NOLA. Had a great time ... fantastic restaurants, great shopping, world-class music, etc.

Bad things happen everywhere, and big city politics are an epidemic hardly unique to NOLA.

As for the statutes ... I couldn't care less. Southern history isn't some fragile thing that will come unhinged if a few statues are taken down, and the lost cause (while a worthy topic of research in itself) is not an accurate portrayal of the Civil War.

Mike

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    To clarify: The NOPD originally said it was an air rifle. I ride with these guys and they have since confirmed, and NOPD has changed their findings, that it was in fact a .22 cal bullet.

Yeah, that's the last thing I read, NOT a pellet gun. The NOPD spokesman had to recant his earlier statement/wild azz guess. The projectile is still in the guy's back, like right next to his spine. In the video last nights news dude is in great pain and walking like a 100 YO man.

It was in the article from NOLA I posted earlier, his recantation.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

Attachments

• Ferrett.jpg
      Ferrett.jpg
      55.4 KB · Views: 79

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I gotta agree with John_
    NOLA will be the next Chicago, but there's something larger that that at work here. It's not just NOLA.

The really disturbing part is, the only viable response by law enforcement to the Alton Sterlings and all the other gun toting felons is suddenly not accepted by a portion of the public. So what now? Until the courts, District Attorneys, Media and all these special interest (hate) groups stop feeding into the ridiculous claims of rights violations etc, and get on the damn human train and back the actions of LEO's and stop condoning, catering, allowing, inviting and being receptive of ridiculous public outcries, we can expect to see quite a few Chicago like cities in our future.

Rant over. Who else heard 3 shots in the vid? I thought I heard 3

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My wife and I spent most of Saturday in NOLA. Had a great time ... fantastic restaurants, great shopping, world-class music, etc.

Bad things happen everywhere, and big city politics are an epidemic hardly unique to NOLA.

As for the statutes ... I couldn't care less. Southern history isn't some fragile thing that will come unhinged if a few statues are taken down, and the lost cause (while a worthy topic of research in itself) is not an accurate portrayal of the Civil War.

Mike

From 1963 until 1973 I worked out of 630 Jackson Avenue in New Orleans near the waterfront and sometimes I would sleep in my vehicle in front of the building at night.
    Would you do that today Mike?

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From 1963 until 1973 I worked out of 630 Jackson Avenue in New Orleans near the waterfront and sometimes I would sleep in my vehicle in front of the building at night.
    Would you do that today Mike?

I'm not really in the habit of sleeping in my car in any city, nor do I tend to be out and about in cities after midnight (truth be told, I'm usually in bed by 10:30).

I was simply making the point that a lot of people (my wife and I included) spend time in NOLA and somehow manage to come out of it alive.

The FBI's uniform crime statistics show a marked increase in homicides across the country from the mid 1960's to the mid 1970's, and didn't appreciably drop until the late 90's. Interestingly, we're only now returning to the relatively low homicide levels of the 1950's. So, given that, I'm not sure I would have wanted to have slept in my car anywhere from 1963 to 1973.

Mike

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Ah man, don't get started on the statue issue!
    I'm not a NOLA native, actually a Military brat!
    History I RESPECT.

Mike

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    This is why you should wait to get the facts on a story before jumping to conclusion. I heard it was a gun shot next to his spine, then a pellet gun and seen the entree wound near his hip not his spine. From that I'm thinking that This is a Big News story? Well without the X-ray you can't tell where the projectile stopped or the size. So was this a pellet gun or a .22 or larger and how far did it penetrate? I bet ether way he says it hurts like hell. I watched a video of a hunter dropping a deer with a .40 cal air rifle! Don't count out the pellet guns.
    So did anyone else notice the white chevy truck speed pass after the impact was felt? That would be a good start to an investigation.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish

Mike

I don't think anyone is saying bad things don't happen everywhere/anywhere. The idea is you greatly increase the chance of being in said bad thing being in NOLA. And if you dare to have the audacity to defend yourself or carry the tools to do so, you run the risk of being down right harassed by the local uniform authority due to big city politics while a mugging takes place 2 doors down.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    This is a strange thread . Why argue about whether it was a .22 or an air rifle ? Shot in the hip , shot in the back , sleep in your vehicle , WTFO ?

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    All on FB. She got a plate number and it turns out they shot a runner minutes before, taking out one of his teeth. Suspect has been identified by Mobile PD and arrests will be made. She is going to be interviewed by the media so I will post anything I see on that

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Ok, yeah I searched on google and Mobile AL news but couldn't find anything on it. I'll try searching FB.
    Shot a runner beforehand? WTF is wrong with these pr*cks today?

Worse and worse every day. A time is soon approaching when people will have to defend themselves, their families, and their castle for real.

Top Bottom