New Orleans has hit an all time low.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A group of bicyclists doing their 60 mile ride thru NO. Riding on Bullard Ave @ 1015, gets shot in the lower left side, probably a .22.

Just an arbitrary shooting of a cyclist (white) in broad day light, for no real reason. In the article the guy shot states the NOPD hasn't even returned contact to him......gotta love the NOPD (read overwhelmed and many don't give a crap) and the N.O. natives. First time i ever heard of picking off cyclists in day light for kicks. Follow the link below and there is video from another rider just behind of the moment he gets shot.

My home town long ago, they can have it. Mitch, the natives, monument less, giant potholes, ridiculous property taxes post Katrina.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/05/bicyclist_shot_new_orleans_sat.html#incart_gallery

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Yet another reason to stay away .
    Other than the WW2 museum I will never spend another red cent in that cesspool.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Probably one of those evil racist confederate monument that shot him.

Yeah, we all know when those heinous monuments are finally all down and warehoused, all will be well with New Orleans. The almost daily murderous shootings will cease, and the natives will be content in their hearts forever.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    This will start happening more and more, just pick a random whitey to even the score! is the way they think

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Don't put yourself in these situations and you won't have any trouble. I don't care if you're in New Orleans, Baton Rouge or any where else. I wouldn't drive around that area in my truck.

You don't think this would happen on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge?

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Don't put yourself in these situations and you won't have any trouble. I don't care if you're in New Orleans, Baton Rouge or any where else. I wouldn't drive around that area in my truck.

You don't think this would happen on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge?

I don't really frequent NO or BR anymore, unless I absolutely have to. Its not the same everywhere, that's the lame excuse many who live in NO use. Post me a link to the last news report of a bicyclist shot while riding in NO during broad day light.

The crime problem is epic in NO these days. There was a recent article on NOLA that the NOPD homocide dept is overwhelmed and de-moralized. have solved < 25% of the homocides in NO in 2017. Response times from the NOPD are measured in hours, sometimes days. They have been finding bodies/victims in the East lately a couple a week. No doubt BR has its problems, but it isn't NO for sure.

Wherever you have large volumes of natives living, so comes the violent crime, stealing, robberies, and more. NO's problems are not going to get better any time soon, just watch. Only thing that can substantially impact NO's violent crime is armed National Guard troops, locked and loaded, patrolling 24/7. (think post Katrina)

Mitch should take down Robert E Lee and replace with a statue of Alton Sterling, their current hero. Great idea to me, the Alton Sterling Memorial Circle :)

Ya wanna see the long term future of NO, look to Chicago or Detroit.

Here's the article on the NOPD homocide dept in case ya missed it. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/04/we_are_completely_broken_nopd.html

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom