Mossberg Patriot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigred1600x

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    I just found out that I won a Mossberg Patriot in 30-06 in a raffle. Anyone shoot one of these or know anything about them? Thanks!

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    I have one in .308 win, it gave me fits for a while. The forend had an area touching the barrel as well as a spot at the receiver. A friend with a better steady hand than me removed a bit of material from the stock which restored the free float on the forend and eliminated the side pressure at the receiver . Mine came with a scope, one of the screws which holds the rings to the rail would come loose after a few shots. I ended up buying a Osprey scope for an AR and they gave me higher rings in the deal. I ended up putting the lower rings on my patriot scope which are actually a bit taller than the stock rings and it is now good to go. Target would look like I hit it with buckshot before, now getting 3/4" to 1 1/4" groups at 100 yards. For a $300 rifle,I am pleased. Just wish they would have put a little more work into the bolt as it is a 2 lug and is a bit of sloppy. A few times have pushed the bolt forward and locked it to find out it did not pickup a round. Remember to lift before going forward with the bolt. Ruger American 3 lug bolt is better in my opinion and I do prefer the Patriots mag over the American rotary for ease of single feed.

Top Bottom