ISO small caliber revolver for mom

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have a S&W 38sp bodyguard,the one that comes with the laser..the damn thing kicks like a mule and is very uncomfortable to shoot..i probably wouldn't recommend that for a old lady with arthritis..btw I shoot 100s of rounds a month throw my fnx45 Tactical, Hk usp45,1911,a bunch of 9s and 40s...but that S&W 38sp kicks hard and is the most uncomfortable out of all my guns..

Now I do own (my wifes) has a sig p238 and it's a very nice soft shooter ..the slide is extremely easy to slide back..i know u said revolver but give the sigp238 a try and watch how easy it is to rack the slide back

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I have a S&W 38sp bodyguard,the one that comes with the laser..the damn thing kicks like a mule and is very uncomfortable to shoot..i probably wouldn't recommend that for a old lady with arthritis..btw I shoot 100s of rounds a month throw my fnx45 Tactical, Hk usp45,1911,a bunch of 9s and 40s...but that S&W 38sp kicks hard and is the most uncomfortable out of all my guns..

Now I do own (my wifes) has a sig p238 and it's a very nice soft shooter ..the slide is extremely easy to slide back..i know u said revolver but give the sigp238 a try and watch how easy it is to rack the slide back

Thanks, I have been reading everyone's replies and I truly appreciate y'all's input. From what i've read it confirms what you've said about light .38s. They are painful. I may look into the 238, but my gut feeling is that it is outside my price range. I'd like to stay around $300.
    It seems that there are some lightly loaded factory .38s so I haven't given up on that yet.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That Lady Smith may a bit much for her. If you could find a 22mag in a small frame revolver, I think that would be perfect. The 22mag is one hot round, shooting hollow points makes it that much more effective.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Light bullets in the 38 are not painful for most shooters. 38 wadcutters may be an option also. If you are considering the 32 caliber then standard pressure 38s should give you the same performance level. Ultra-light snubbies are not the only game in town. A heavier gun may be too much for extended range sessions but for emergencies a heavier gun will soak up some of that recoil. Let us know which way you decide to go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feral45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2015
    Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
    Bought the wife a Taurus 85 stainless almost 30 years ago. She loved it. Hard to beat. Lifetime warranty. Easy to clean. No corrosion. A blue one is listed at Academy for $300. Made for small hands and I think +P. Ammo? I prefer light and fast. Underwood or Hornady. They used to make one in all Titanium. Cool...
    Take a look at the Walther CCP. 8+1 9mm gas delayed blowback. She might be able to handle it. Ya'll have fun.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom