P T Beauregard is coming down this morning in N.O.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm just blown away at the problems that city has and how slow the NOPD response time is but yet they tie up resources to remove statues!

Last edited:

Sniper56

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    LaPlace
    This is nothing but political catering in hopes of future support in another office. This guy should not be dog catcher.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    After the removal of the statue from the historic monument, they arrested a father/son duo who spray-painted graffiti on the base left behind, for damaging a historic monument. Oh, the irony!

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I guess everyone living in Beauregard Parish will have to commit suicide since they have no stature to destroy. If they don't commit Seppuku, they will have to undergo therapy to deal with the stress and trauma of being forced to live in such a racist parish. Oh, the inhumanity of it all.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I guess everyone living in Beauregard Parish will have to commit suicide since they have no stature to destroy. If they don't commit Seppuku, they will have to undergo therapy to deal with the stress and trauma of being forced to live in such a racist parish. Oh, the inhumanity of it all.

I'm planning on putting a vagina hat on my front gate in Beauregard

In order to show my support for the gender neutral romper generation. Any other suggestions will be considered, Thanks

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Just a few more monuments taken down, re-name some streets, tear down All of the structures that may have benn built with slave labor, and remove all white people from the chocolate city and it will be the safest place on planet earth. The powers that be have a dream and they are making it happen.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    He would not have been a Democrat today.

An excerpt from PGT Beauregard's wiki page/personal history:

"As a lifelong Democrat, Beauregard worked to end Republican rule during Reconstruction. His outrage over the perceived excesses of Reconstruction was a principal source for his indecision about remaining in the United States and his flirtation with foreign armies, which lasted until 1875. He was active in the Reform Party, an association of conservative New Orleans businessmen, which spoke in favor of civil rights and voting for the recently freed slaves, hoping to form alliances between African-Americans and Democrats to vote out the Radical Republicans in the state legislature."

Other references I read on line state Beauregard was an advocate for the freedmen, and their civil rights, post Civil War.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/09/a_confederate_generals_forgott.html

An amazing fact I noticed was the Louisiana Lottery was in existence in 1877, and Beauregard was employed there as a supervisor. So people been purchasing LA lottery tickets for a very long time. Wonder if they had scratch-offs then? LOL

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    An excerpt from PGT Beauregard's wiki page/personal history:

"As a lifelong Democrat, Beauregard worked to end Republican rule during Reconstruction. His outrage over the perceived excesses of Reconstruction was a principal source for his indecision about remaining in the United States and his flirtation with foreign armies, which lasted until 1875. He was active in the Reform Party, an association of conservative New Orleans businessmen, which spoke in favor of civil rights and voting for the recently freed slaves, hoping to form alliances between African-Americans and Democrats to vote out the Radical Republicans in the state legislature."

Other references I read on line state Beauregard was an advocate for the freedmen, and their civil rights, post Civil War.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/09/a_confederate_generals_forgott.html

An amazing fact I noticed was the Louisiana Lottery was in existence in 1877, and Beauregard was employed there as a supervisor. So people been purchasing LA lottery tickets for a very long time. Wonder if they had scratch-offs then? LOL

All I'm saying is that pointing out a person's membership to a political party 150 years ago tells the modern day person nothing. Cerainly there are crossover concerns of the parties over time but Democrats and Republicans even 50 years ago are different from today's.

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    Largely forgotten, though, is that Beauregard also was an early proponent of equal rights in Louisiana, serving as the outspoken leader of the short-lived and ultimately failed unification movement.

The movement was a coalition made up of prominent white and black New Orleanians that called for integrated schools, public places and transportation and voting rights for black men, two years before Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1875 and nearly a century before the enactment of major civil rights legislation in the 20th century. Beauregard was the group's chairman.

"I am persuaded that the natural relation between the white and colored people is that of friendship," Beauregard said in an address published in July 1873 in papers including The New Orleans Republican and The Daily Picayune. "I am persuaded that their interests are identical; that their destinies in this state, where the two races are equally divided, are linked together; and that there is no prosperity for Louisiana which must not be the result of their cooperation.

"I am equally convinced that the evils anticipated by some men from the practical enforcement of equal rights are mostly imaginary, and that the relation of the races in the exercise of these rights will speedily adjust themselves to the satisfaction of all."

Top Bottom