NOLATAC Training Center - New Outdoor Range in Avondale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    It seems someone on TFB is deleting comments about how wrong the information is.. I doubt anyone is really aware of how shady situations surrounding him turn out as he is really good at blocking/banning and hiding anything that turns to crap. Hence not actually responding or informing paid members of the NOLA motorsports range fiasco that it shut down. Reminds me of VODA in many ways.

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    It seems someone on TFB is deleting comments about how wrong the information is.. I doubt anyone is really aware of how shady situations surrounding him turn out as he is really good at blocking/banning and hiding anything that turns to crap. Hence not actually responding or informing paid members of the NOLA motorsports range fiasco that it shut down. Reminds me of VODA in many ways.

It's most likely BL. He and I talked about that over the weekend. Deleting comments just for being argumentative is not our policy. Sorry if anyone got their **** yeeted. Won't happen again. Thanks to everyone from BS who watches the channel. I am aware of some issues that are going to be addressed.

- James

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's most likely BL. He and I talked about that over the weekend. Deleting comments just for being argumentative is not our policy. Sorry if anyone got their **** yeeted. Won't happen again. Thanks to everyone from BS who watches the channel. I am aware of some issues that are going to be addressed.

- James

Oh... didn't know you were a member here :rofl:

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA

- James
    Lol you don't say

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    49065700173_e87613d298_o.png
    49066433242_aca5843050_o.png

The second to last comment in that screenshot was me. Right after this FB post comment, I sent him a text, and asked him to call me to discuss the details of what was going on. He called the day after (approx) and said that the track was indeed closed, that the track wanted to lease that land to another company for some buildings, which was mentioned in an earlier post. He said that he was searching for another location, and that he had every intention to re-open another range, but couldn't say exactly when. He did say that we would all be considered "lifetime members" at the indoor range in Arabi, but for me living on the other side of town, that really wasn't much of a perk, but I'll take it...

As others have stated, he was not personable AT ALL. I'm an easy going guy, and tried several times to start small talk, just to try and get to know they guy, and it was clear that he had no interest in getting to know us, it was strictly business. He was direct, and seemed to be very fair and honest?, but never went out of his way to say hi, or be friendly/talkative in any way.

I was at the Rangemaster 'TacCon' back in March, (excellent group, highly recommend them) and it was a **** show! I was at the range exactly two weeks prior to the first day of the event, and I was up on the 'chicken shack' raising the red flag, and I looked around and was amazed at how NOTHING, not a single thing looked different! Here you are, 14 days out from hosting one of the PREMIER shooting conferences in the industry, with about 300 people attending, including a huge group of the best trainers in the industry; this is your big chance to make a GREAT first impression (you only get one), and you haven't done **** to improve the range!?? I just stood there talking to myself, saying "no way...what is he thinking"??? Needless to say, I was very eager to show up that first day for the event, and hope that he had spent countless hours improving the range, and doing everything possible to make Tom Givens feel lucky to be there.
    When I showed up that Friday morning, there were some changes (the two pistol bays had been sub-divided), but he did not bring in any rocks, or anything to cover the bare spots, and it had rained pretty bad the previous days, and on that opening day, it was a ****ing MESS! Over the course of the three days, I heard lots of comments from people there, and the general vibe was "this sucks" Having to wear rain boots, which no one brought with them, because they didn't expect to be shooting in a pig pin. This was a premier event, normally held at very nice facilities, but it became very clear that he was a 'high school level player, trying to play in the big leagues' and he failed miserably. And yes, I do have pics of the range on that day.
    I wish that wasn't the case, and I'm sure you all agree, but...

I was lucky, in that I was member #35, or 37?...and the closing coincided with my membership expiring. One of my Dr's here in the Metro was also a member, and I went in to see him for a broken finger, and this was about two months after the above comments were made on FB, and when I asked if he had heard about the range closing, he had no idea what I was talking about, so I told him; he was shocked. He was only halfway through his membership, and just before typing this post, I had sent him a text to see if he had spoken with Brannon about it, and if he got a refund, and the short of what his reply was "I didn't get a call, or a refund, and I'll never deal with him again".

I haven't heard anything from him about any future plans, but based on some of the info on this thread, I'm not sure that I'd be very eager to invest with him again?

I saw Nick from Phobos a few weeks ago, and they have set up shop at MCTA in Miss., so the chance of a credible outdoor range again in the metro, appears very bleak.

Top Bottom