NOLATAC Training Center - New Outdoor Range in Avondale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Apparently it is pretty beliveable seeing as how they have about 100 members I think. It is definitely not a place designed for everyone, but the ammenities they have and the quality of the place definitely appeals to some shooters.

For the current price of $1,000 / 2 years, it is competitive with most indoor ranges.

I've been to the range and it's set up well. It's something I'd be interested in if it were closer. The issue most people will have is that they just want to show up, stay static, and plink at steel targets. You won't see many average joes putting sandbags on their shoulders and doing strong hand only pistol shooting at 25 yards.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wow! I had no idea of that price! Unbelievable!

If I lived closer, I'd pay it in a heartbeat. A yearly membership at FRC is $500. If you shoot once a week at the normal $20 range fee, you are paying $1040 in range passes alone, per year.

For what Nolatac is offering, I think it's worth it.

jimmyhat1978

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2018
    baku
    For me it is totally worth it. I enjoy long range rifle and steel pistol. Its close to home, the members are friendly, movement is allowed. Whats not to like? Finding a place close to NOLA that you can shoot past 300 yards is a huge incentive to me.

miscverb

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Destrehan LA
    >With eymard's being closed and hugh's family squabbling over the range, the long distance options have dried up. ( which really sucks for me, as that's what is most enjoyable for me.)

It is open again in case you did not know.

miscverb

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Destrehan LA
    nolatac was looking to barter a membership for a concrete pour in case anyone is in the concrete business. about 25x10 slab for a firing line is needed.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Looks like the FB and Twitter page is still down. I can't find any info or statement from the owner if it's permanently closed or not. Looks like my plan for long distance shooting is now on hold.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Looks like the FB and Twitter page is still down. I can't find any info or statement from the owner if it's permanently closed or not. Looks like my plan for long distance shooting is now on hold.

Rumor has it that the range shut down and the Facebook group associated with it was deleted. No reason was given so it’s kind of a mystery.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    My understandiung is that in the final hour, the track management decided to lease a bunch of buildings and property to the school board for some vo-tech school they are doing. The range was not "gonna work" with that deal, so the range got sacrificed. Best I could tell, the members loved it and it was growing. WOrd is Brandon is looking for new property to build it again. I guess the probably couple million thew school board offered could not be turned down?

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Hate to see that happen. I know he had good intentions and poured a lot of hard work into it to try to get it off the ground.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Sounds like a bunch of people got B F'd with no warning and lost out on a bunch of money they had already spent for a range membership that now doesn't exist.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Having worked with NOLA Motorsport before, I know how they just change their minds and kick you out! We were asked to build a mountain bike trail for them. Luckily they pulled the plug before we actually started working but we had spent many hours scouting and planning

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Sounds like a bunch of people got B F'd with no warning and lost out on a bunch of money they had already spent for a range membership that now doesn't exist.

Do you have any proof of that?

Were any people who requested refunds denied those refunds?

Do you know anything else about the story?

Dude seemed pretty upfront and legit with me.

As far as I know, anyone who wanted their money back got it. Seems kinda shitty to insinuate something like that against a person unless you know something we don't.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Do you have any proof of that?

Were any people who requested refunds denied those refunds?

Do you know anything else about the story?

Dude seemed pretty upfront and legit with me.

As far as I know, anyone who wanted their money back got it. Seems kinda shitty to insinuate something like that against a person unless you know something we don't.

I think it’s pretty shitty to masquerade around like you are a LEO to further your business when you were only really a reserve. That’s all I need to know about that person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I think it’s pretty shitty to masquerade around like you are a LEO to further your business when you were only really a reserve. That’s all I need to know about that person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess he figured if Massod Ayboob can do it for 30 years, he can too

Top Bottom