Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 21112
    On Target

User Info Menu

Looks like the FB and Twitter page is still down. I can't find any info or statement from the owner if it's permanently closed or not. Looks like my plan for long distance shooting is now on hold.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by extra300 View Post
    Looks like the FB and Twitter page is still down. I can't find any info or statement from the owner if it's permanently closed or not. Looks like my plan for long distance shooting is now on hold.
    Rumor has it that the range shut down and the Facebook group associated with it was deleted. No reason was given so itís kind of a mystery.

User Info Menu

I've heard the same thing through the grapevine. Shame that a decent range can't catch on around here. The Louisiana shooting scene always baffles me.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My understandiung is that in the final hour, the track management decided to lease a bunch of buildings and property to the school board for some vo-tech school they are doing. The range was not "gonna work" with that deal, so the range got sacrificed. Best I could tell, the members loved it and it was growing. WOrd is Brandon is looking for new property to build it again. I guess the probably couple million thew school board offered could not be turned down?

SSST

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Hate to see that happen. I know he had good intentions and poured a lot of hard work into it to try to get it off the ground.
    Last edited by mickey; July 14th, 2019 at 06:43 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sounds like a bunch of people got B F'd with no warning and lost out on a bunch of money they had already spent for a range membership that now doesn't exist.

"I had to shot a guy. It was hem or me."

Marksman

User Info Menu

Having worked with NOLA Motorsport before, I know how they just change their minds and kick you out! We were asked to build a mountain bike trail for them. Luckily they pulled the plug before we actually started working but we had spent many hours scouting and planning