NOLATAC Training Center - New Outdoor Range in Avondale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    Morning BS, seems there's some discussion going on around the new range opening up in Avondale so I wanted to make it's own post. This range is going to be owned and operated by NOLATAC who runs the St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center. Below I've posted a video where the owner discusses the memberships in depth for those that are interested. There did seem to be some discussion about it not being "open" all the time. What you have to understand is that this will be a private range that he's promising will at minimum be open for a 5 day weekend per month. More weekends should become available going forwards, this is just what can be guaranteed. Also, he's doing scheduling for shooting sessions so that you'll have less overcrowding while you're working on that long range shot.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/nolatactc/videos/1919101405026883/[/video]

We've all heard this before - if you want a range in our area now is the time to support it. I personally want to invite you to get in on the ground floor of this as the membership benefits far outweigh the costs. Especially if you live in the area.

From his Facebook, here's the post announcing memberships last night:
    Get your memberships to Nolatac Training Center!
    https://nolatactc.com/join-us
    First 100 members get 2 years for the price of 1!
    1300 yard range
    Multiple bays
    Skeet
    Shootable drones
    Long Range Target Cameras
    Hosting Instructors
    Boy Scouts
    4-H
    All kinds of Competitions - IDPA / GSSF / USPSA / 3-GUN
    Enjoy Bachelor, Bachelorette, Divorce Parties, Team-Building Events, etc.

16179700_1860469520890072_2652209385108952473_o.jpg

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Every time I go to the track I see some progress on the range. Last time I went there was a building, built along he lines of a camp, that wasn't there before.

I have been lobbying to have paintball combined with karting for some time - maybe Brandon can make it happen.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Morning BS, seems there's some discussion going on around the new range opening up in Avondale so I wanted to make it's own post. This range is going to be owned and operated by NOLATAC who runs the St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center. Below I've posted a video where the owner discusses the memberships in depth for those that are interested. There did seem to be some discussion about it not being "open" all the time. What you have to understand is that this will be a private range that he's promising will at minimum be open for a 5 day weekend per month. More weekends should become available going forwards, this is just what can be guaranteed. Also, he's doing scheduling for shooting sessions so that you'll have less overcrowding while you're working on that long range shot.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/nolatactc/videos/1919101405026883/[/video]

We've all heard this before - if you want a range in our area now is the time to support it. I personally want to invite you to get in on the ground floor of this as the membership benefits far outweigh the costs. Especially if you live in the area.

From his Facebook, here's the post announcing memberships last night:
    Get your memberships to Nolatac Training Center!
    First 100 members get 2 years for the price of 1!
    1300 yard range
    Multiple bays
    Skeet
    Shootable drones
    Long Range Target Cameras
    Hosting Instructors
    Boy Scouts
    4-H
    All kinds of Competitions - IDPA / GSSF / USPSA / 3-GUN
    Enjoy Bachelor, Bachelorette, Divorce Parties, Team-Building Events, etc.

View attachment 70359

Do you work for them?

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I was really interested until I found out it's only going to be open to it's members for one pre-scheduled weekend per month. So if I'm not available for the few open days per month, then I just can't shoot there til next month? Am I missing something??

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    No I don't. Just sharing the most info I could get. I may be able to RO there at some point but other than that I have no connection.

JoeLiberty - it's guaranteed to be open at minimum one 5 day weekend per month. Going forward there should be more often than that. Plus, you'll be able to schedule your time so it's not a free for all on the days it is open.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    No I don't. Just sharing the most info I could get. I may be able to RO there at some point but other than that I have no connection.

JoeLiberty - it's guaranteed to be open at minimum one 5 day weekend per month. Going forward there should be more often than that. Plus, you'll be able to schedule your time so it's not a free for all on the days it is open.

OK cool thanks for passing the info along.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    After paying a membership you still have to pay a range fee for classes? Is that rite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    After paying a membership you still have to pay a range fee for classes? Is that rite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I take it that as a member there is no range fee, just the fee for the class. As a non-member it would be range fee plus class fee.

Membership Benefits

Access to range by appointment on available days: Currently Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun, and Monday from 10AM - 6PM (or sunset if earlier) on pre-scheduled periods available on the calendar link above.
    Free Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit classes at NOLATAC Training Center or St Bernard Indoor Shooting Center for member and one (1) guest.
    No Range Fees on any outside or NOLATAC courses hosted or taught at the range
    50% Discount on NOLATAC handgun, carbine, shotgun, vehicle, medical, low-light, etc courses taught at NOLATAC Training Center (subject to change or cancellation)
    15% Discount on Xtreme Xperience at NOLA Motorsports Park (subject to change or cancellation)
    15.00 Karting at NOLA Motorsports Park Karting (subject to change or cancellation)
    15% Discount on NOLA Riding Academy's Motorcycle Experience at NOLA Motorsports Park (subject to change or cancellation)
    Four (4) Free guest passes per year. Additional non-member guests may shoot with a member for $40.00 per day. There is a maximum of Two (2) Guests per Member at a time. Members wishing to host larger events or rent out a full bay privately for a period of time should contact NTC and we can accommodate daily rentals for groups.

Last edited:

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States

If I'm reading it right the only time you can schedule your time is within that short period per month. I don't have every single weekend open. So if I miss that window, it's effectively closed til next month? I get maybe 1 weekend a month to go shoot, so the odds that the weekend I'm off is the weekend it's open are roughly 25%. Let's say I utilize every single opportunity, that's 3 range trips per year or $333 per trip. On top of which, during those few times, the rifle lanes may have already be booked up! Hard pass on that. Best of luck to them. I hope they figure it out.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    I got a membership. If you can afford it and want a range where you can move and use a holster, or shoot a rifle past 100 yards then go for it.

Currently if I want to shoot a rifle at 100 yards I can go to Honey Island, 300 yards means driving to Thibodeaux over an hour each way. I hope the high cost keeps out the Riff Raff i see at public ranges, they guys who muzzle everyone when they turn around to show off their target to their friend on the other side of the glass. The Member weeks are garanteed availability, the rest of the weeks are best effort. Time will tell if it works out to being enough availability. Im planning to schedule a bay every other friday and see what I get.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Yes but where else can you also get Drive-by training classes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seriously, really? If someone needs "drive by shooting training" they should have moved out of that area like way before yesterday!

- - - Updated - - -

Why not have an option for people who don't want to learn how to pull off drivebys or kicking doors down?..a majiorty of shooters just want a lane they can stand in and shoot there new pistol or rifle they just brought...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I got a membership. If you can afford it and want a range where you can move and use a holster, or shoot a rifle past 100 yards then go for it.

Currently if I want to shoot a rifle at 100 yards I can go to Honey Island, 300 yards means driving to Thibodeaux over an hour each way. I hope the high cost keeps out the Riff Raff i see at public ranges, they guys who muzzle everyone when they turn around to show off their target to their friend on the other side of the glass. The Member weeks are garanteed availability, the rest of the weeks are best effort. Time will tell if it works out to being enough availability. Im planning to schedule a bay every other friday and see what I get.

I can shoot out to 300 yrds at my range. I drive 45 minutes one way and it does not cost me $1000 per year. And if I decide to shoot further than than that, I can just go out to my personal property in the country and shoot to my hearts content with no cost except for the cost of the ammo. And also, I dont have to worry about anyone else "muzzling" me. I guess I am lucky.

Last edited:

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    I took the plunge and got in on the 2-years for the price of 1, which is for the 1st 100 members to join. I'm hopeful that it'll be a great range. In chatting with Brannon, I too was concerned about the 5-day guaranteed weekend being the only time you could shoot, which he said was not the case. He said that one would be the minimum, but hopefully most months would have 2-3, and I'm sure other days here and there would be open for some types of shooting.
    Also, you will get 4 guest passes per year, which means no charge for the guest. You will be allowed to bring up to 2 non-members at a time, for $40 each, per day (no limit on frequency here, other than 2 per day).

His approach of using the entry fee as a way of weeding out "riff-raff", may or may not work, since anyone, regardless of income status, can do dumb **** with a gun. If you don't shoot much, money will not make you immune to making a mistake. Only time will tell.

The appeal to me was:

* Close to home (10-15:00 ride)
    * They will allow working from holsters, and movement for drills
    * I enjoy shooting outdoors much more than indoors
    * Steel plates

Last edited:

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    I can just go out to my personal property in the country and shoot to my hearts content with no cost except for the cost of the ammo. And also, I dont have to worry about anyone else "muzzling" me. I guess I am lucky.

Yes sir, you are!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom