WTS: SOLD - Pre-WWII Winchester M1 Garand

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I'm selling off most of my collection due to shoulder injury – can only shoot low recoil guns now. This is the first from my M1 Garand collection

Pre-WWII Winchester M1 Garand, .30-06. Serial number 102743 - this was the 2243rd Garand made for issue by Winchester in April, 1941 (8 months before Pearl Harbor). I hand-picked this one during a trip to the CMP in Anniston, and nothing has been changed on the rifle since I bought it (I’m not a parts swapper like other collectors).

Price $1250 for the rifle. Also with the rifle you can purchase one sealed can of 192 rounds of excellent Greek M2 ammo with 24 enbloc clips and 4 bandoliers for $185, and one bandolier with 48 rounds ammo and 6 enblocs for $45 (my cost from the CMP). That way you can shoot it without opening the sealed can. This rifle went through 3 wars and at least 1 rebuild, but looks good for 76 years old. It was in service when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and could have been issued to the infantry in the "Hawaiian Department" - who knows.

Details from my notes: "Muzzle Wear": 2+, "Throat Erosion": 3+, very faint boxed P on post-WWII rebuild stock grip, Springfield April 1952 barrel, D28287-1 WRA bolt, O gas nut, stamped guard, 6528290-SA trigger housing, SA D5546008 hammer, safety 1, follower 11, 6535382 HRA op rod, SA T105E1 windage knob, FZR knurled elev knob. There is heavy cosmoline on trigger unit and the bore is shiny but little rough between lands. There are some very minor pits under wood line at the heel and the receiver. The stock has numerous minor dings and chips and one major ding from another rifle's op rod. I shot a couple clips into a gully in my pasture and the rifle functioned fine.

All sales preferred face-to-face to LA residents or FFL, identity verified by photo ID. For MS residents, will travel to a MS or LA FFL for transfer for 20 cents/mi after face-to-face inspection and cash payment at my home. C&R FFL accepted. I live in Norwood LA, 45 min north of the Baton Rouge airport, and often travel to Zachary and Baton Rouge. I could ship, but its a pain and we'd have to discuss all the issues involved.

971nqp.jpg

ajlbax.jpg

vh80uh.jpg

2s1ka6o.jpg

35k0uaq.jpg

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I will have a table at the Kenner Gun Show 6/17-18 with this rifle and others, as well as sealed cans of ammo.
    M1 Garands will be priced from $800 - 1200. I also have one CMP "Correct Grade" selling at the CMP price of $2000, but won't bring it unless requested.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom