What was I thinking?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I looked online at S&W 500 and was looking hard at the 14" {has a pistol sling it is so big} Was gonna order one up. They 14" is a performance center gun. Thue 8 and what ever it is is nor a performance center gun
    As i have a 8 3/8 29 classic since 1990-1991 Mr. Eastwood would be proud! So wanted a 500 larger if I got one.
    I ended up at at Cabela's for something else and they had a 8 3/8 or 8.5 what ever it is. Keep in mine I never thought the 500 would be larger but it is as the 29n is a N frame and the 500 is an X frame! Man that is one big gun even with just 5 a shot cylinder. The grips are same as N frame but the frame ect is darn big. Man I almost left with a dent in my credit card! Thank god it was the only one they had! And the display i was playing with when the hammer fell felt funny. Trigger was not heavy. Byt was gritty, and hammer grabbed when fell like it need polished. Hammer fell funny like it went to the side and grabbed ya could feel it. Makes me wonder if S&W new stuff is no so good, or was it just that gun?
    Some guy walks up as i am drooling on it and BSing with the counter guy. He is a kinda screwy guy that knows not much. And spouts out to the counter guy...what's he gonna do with that? He says he lives in New Orleans and wants a "larger concealed carry gun" :eek3:
    Now keep in mind last week i went to the doctors and was 117 fully dressed shoes and all. But hide the lost weight well But still!
    He walked away talking to is buddy about how it was over kill. That maybe I was robbed, beat up etc. Guess he never heard of the word "Sarcastic"

Top Bottom