Some cheap Cast 45's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well I am never normal. And these Bullets match me. Man they are short. I know I have gotten looks at the range before as they look like empty cases. And after shooting the 45acp in revolver I wanted a *Full* Wad Cutter. So years ago I found an old one about the time Ideal had swapped to Lyman name. Found a nice 4 cavity 185 grain one that no one wanted as it had one bad cavity {Cheap}
    One Cavity was not so great so had a friend weld it I have a back ground in metal finishing. So fixed it up as well as the 3 cavity's were sanded. And made a felt buff to use on the air die grinder, then polished. Did so with black emery, gray emery and them white rouge like do this to most of my molds and they drop well after doing so. Lubed them up with some Red Carnuba as i get no smoke with it. And it is clean as can be seen by the 45 Colt .452" ones. Do not have a close up of the 185s. I now have the right vintage nut cracker handles instead of the New junk ones they make now

I still have some Tula primers that were on sale at Powder Valley back years ago when they had them at $18.00 and free shipping with no Haz-Mat fee
    My wife says she told me buy more lol As I told her yesterday I just have 10K large pistol ones left from that buy.
    The Free Keg of Red Dot and they just take 4.0 grains
    Or for factory feeling 45acp loads 5.0 of WW231 is just like WW White box feel. If ya did not know better you would think there were when ya pull the trigger
    But talk about good holes in paper. And the Cream Puff 4.0 Red Dot done with free lead and as mentioned Cheapo primers and gifted powder was cheaper than shooting 22lr
    Do not get me wrong the 45 Colt 250 cast is a blast as well. But handing off the gun to someone to bang out like it is 22lr in the 80's with some dirt cheap ammo. Price Less {well almost}
    Then one day I ordered some round follower Metal Form Magazines. Since the Colt1911 I have has had some work it was worth a try. Wow that gun feeds and eats anything.
    When I think back on it O the smiles that bullet gave. Would pick up my son twice a week at the bus stop and his buddy. Guess this is one of the things that makes me not normal. Drive 10 minutes to the David Drive Shooters club when it was there. And shot at the short 3 lanes. As it was no time at all to get there from here. No one hardly shot there so had it to our self. Packed stuff up and came right home with the kids. No traffic, no bridge.

I have been looking for the 75 grain 9mm one they made like it. For the 38/9mm Revolver I have just like it. But no dice yet
    But I did prep more 45 cases to load up a Ammo can of them up this weekend

Attachments

• Cast45-4.jpg
      Cast45-4.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 103
    • Cast45-2.jpg
      Cast45-2.jpg
      115.5 KB · Views: 108
    • Cast45-1.jpg
      Cast45-1.jpg
      130.4 KB · Views: 120
    • bulletmoulds007.jpg
      bulletmoulds007.jpg
      93 KB · Views: 101
    • Cast45-5.jpg
      Cast45-5.jpg
      123.3 KB · Views: 98
    Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Here is what I was going to do with the 9mm revolver for real light loads a 148 grain cut down to 75 Figered it would be good in 38 snub as a practice tool since it is an Air Weight 642 like a Lady Smith is
    {note} I cut down 8 or so to try. I did score a mint 90 weight 356404

Attachments

• SWC4_zps9ad2e200.jpg
      SWC4_zps9ad2e200.jpg
      72.1 KB · Views: 344
    • SWC1_zpsd7ee8f65.jpg
      SWC1_zpsd7ee8f65.jpg
      81.8 KB · Views: 80
    • SWC6_zps1eb57592.jpg
      SWC6_zps1eb57592.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 352
    • SWC5_zps0801b79d.jpg
      SWC5_zps0801b79d.jpg
      141.7 KB · Views: 83

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Go over to the NOE bullet mould site and check them out , I believe they might have a mould that cast just what you are looking for. Check both the 9mm's and 38/357 moulds.
    I seem to remember a few that look like your cut down bullets.

I found a nice wadcutter design for the 41 magnum there. These are hard to find.

Gary

Last edited:
    Top Bottom