Help with remembering the name of a closed Gunstore

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JADSCOOP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    Back in January I had some guns stolen. The ATF informed me that they would pull the records on 2 of my guns a bought from a now closed gun store. I can not remember the name of the store. It was on Jefferson Highway and Causeway in Metairie. There is a Popeyes there now.
    Does anyone remember the name of that gun store?

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Elliot's Gun Shop, and it's "now closed" because they were raided by the ATF and Secret Service and the owner and two employees were accused of the illegal sales.

Not to mention that more than 2,300 firearms sold from Elliot's Gun Shop were tied to crimes in the area, including 125 to murder investigations and 500 to drug crimes.

Excerpt from NOLA.COM...
    Investigators seized 1,165 firearms, 131,000 rounds of ammunition and 26 boxes of records. The ATF called Elliot's one of the country's top sources for firearms later recovered by law enforcement agencies. Between March 1, 2002, and March 7, 2007, the agency traced 2,300 guns to the store, including 127 linked to homicide investigations and 517 to drug-related crimes.

Prosecutors allege that Elliot's was involved in a number of illegal dealings. In the bill of information, they contend that Harris, the former owner of Elliot's, got Eicke to apply for a federal firearms license after the ATF barred him from having one. Eicke became the new "owner" of Elliot's on government paperwork, while Harris actually ran the store and took home the lion's share of the money. For that service, Eicke was paid $1,000 a week and worked at the store, according to Letten's office.

The two also used forged police credentials to buy guns from manufacturers at a 20 percent law enforcement discount. They then sold the guns to civilians at regular prices, almost doubling their profits, investigators have said. Prosecutors say that Zitzmann forged signatures on paperwork that allowed the sale or transfer of guns to buyers prohibited from owning a firearm.

Last edited:

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Definitely Elliot's. I used to do a lot of business there and loved the place. Too bad they got busted for doing illegal (and really stupid) ****.

JADSCOOP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    thank you for the help.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They used to spend major $ with adds on Rush radio show.
    Same thing happened, that happened to Chalmette Gun / Jewelry But I still think Steve and Steve were set up.

youcarrya.40?

No longer carrying a .40
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2017
    Amite La.
    Wow this brings back some memories. My dad used to work right next door to Elliot's, and I grew up not far from Chalmette jewelry. I loved that place

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My brother has a 2nd gen Glock 27 never fired from there second thought it is a 2.5 gen

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom