The more the merrier, the honey flow is in full force.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Because of the mild winter we had, the honey flow is early this year. Last week was an awesome week for the bees. They were able to forage for almost 6 straight days from morning until almost dark. They brought in lots of nectar and the bee population exploded. With more bees comes more nectar. It's a numbers game. As you can see the ladies were hanging out in mass. Makes a bee keeper smile to see this. If every hive I had was like that I'd be swimming in honey. Unfortunately you have the hives that just stay static and never do much, you know like some of the people you work with This rain has put the brakes on the bees for a few days, but it will soon be over and they can get to flying again. I usually extract my honey in July, but it looks like it will be June this year.
    32773c065d4b6b9a0864ed575555a2d3.jpg
    d32e49e821dfa690517cbb9b47613582.jpg
    79200196c953e441c9c549f0f5e2eaf8.jpg
    01f9ab1ab98b90b2133d86168f9ccfc3.jpg

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Kool started on bottle # 2 I got from you. Forgot I had it. As I eat one and picled the other up as had some store bought that was opened allready.
    Finding it in the back the pantry was great last week. Waffles since Thursday lol
    Yours has a totally different flavor.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I like bees until they decide to set up a hive underneath the outside siding of my home! Had to get a licensed "beekeeper" to come remove them and the hive "legally" after tearing off the siding of my home which cost me some repair money to replace! If I could have done it legally, I would have exterminated their little buzzing butts where they set up shop! :mad:

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    That's great news, please keep us posted when you bottle, I have to get a few bottles this year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom