Just a friendly note

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Hi not being a Nazi here. Or a know it all. But as of late members new and veterans are posting thread anyplace.
    Not just the for sale but everything, everywhere.
    We have sections for everything! The administration did a great job.
    Maybe take the time to take another look around and see again how the site is broken down

Classifieds all have quite a range of sub-forums to list everything. Even says what goes in that sub-fourm under the headers.

A rifle barrel, lower ect goes in "Parts and Ammo" not rifles discussion! Yes I know technically a lower is a rifle as per Feds. But no one wants to click on a lower thinking it is a whole rifle. Or a trigger etc.
    Parts and Ammo. states what goes in it
    If a gun goes in it or on it or it goes in or on a gun, it goes here.
    and so on
    We even have a Regular Member "Hot Deals" just like the members who have a sponsorship. So if you see a deal someplace, and want to help others put it there not in Pistol, Rifle etc.
    Post good deals you find on the net that you think others might enjoy. DO NOT post your own ads here.

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?62-Hot-Deals

I know some members have a routine is to post a "Sold" to their advertisement. That just pushes the add to the top. Members look at it to see if it is new or if price is lowered only to see that it is sold. It is also rude to the other sellers well as it pushes the new adds down. So "Please" change the Prefix to say sold, in large Red Text.
    That is just some examples. Please try and keep the site clean, easy to use and running well. Thanks for your time to read my semi rant, of not so properly constructed Post. Hey I made it all the way threw the 3rd grade with Jethro Bodine

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I think some member's get use to just part of the site they normally go to. As far as wrong place, I am guilty myself even. When I try and help, I move things to the wrong place.
    The members reporting a post,being in the wrong era of someone disrespectful / fighting or a scammer is a large help to the mods and admin. If it was not for the diligence of members here helping it would be tuff for everyone
    As stated "Just a reminder to take a second look around the site" and see what is here and what goes where. Just one example, the Hot Deals, I believe some members do not know, there. So is not really unused much.

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I didn't notice hot deals when I posted the PSA LCR deal. Can I change it to a different area myself? I spent about 30 seconds looking in the advanced edit options but didn't see anything, so I lost interest... heh heh

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom