New database correlating gun deaths with gun laws

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    http://www.newsweek.com/gun-crime-and-gun-control-firearm-laws-mapped-between-states-613990

From 2014 to 2015, the United States experienced its largest annual increase in firearm deaths over the past 35 years, a 7.8 percent upturn in a single year. In 45 of the 50 states the rate of overall deaths from firearms increased and the firearm homicide rate rose in every state except West Virginia. The Conversation

What did Congress do to confront this problem? Only four bills addressing firearm violence made it out of committee during the 2015-2016 congressional session. Not one was enacted.

Because of inaction on the part of the federal government, it is up to each individual state to develop its own policies to reduce gun violence. To evaluate the effectiveness of these laws, researchers and policymakers need a way to track differences in state firearm legislation over an extended time period. Previously, there was no such resource...

Based on these first three paragraphs, I'm sure this new database will be very subjective and won't attempt to take any political stance whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Just another way to come after our constitutionally protected right. "...shall not be infringed" is pretty clear to me, I don't give a damn if the SC decided the .gov could pick and choose when, where, and how I practice my 2A rights.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    They want to ban/control firearms instead of "fixing" the people. Using this methodology of controlling or reducing crime, we'll have to ban knives, baseball bats, and axes eventually too. Oh and spears too :)

Just like the current movement to soften laws and sentencing. Too many people incarcerated, jails and prisons overwhelmed. Along with the public defenders and criminal attorneys. Don't make people personally accountable, don't prompt our society to improve and ascribe to our laws. Lets just give em some latitude to commit crime, and stay out of our jails. Its the genius of bleeding heart liberals in america today.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have noticed a surge in anti-gun stories in the past week or so. I think the left has overcome their post-election doldrums.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom