Rest in peace, Steve Campbell AKA LSP972

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I've been away for a bit and it brings me great sadness to return only to announce the passing of one of the greatest men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Countless lunches, shooting matches, classes and phone calls spent with him and some dear friends who I called and still call family.

If you didn't know Steve, I'm sorry for you. If you did, you know he was one of the best, most knowledgeable men around.

Rest easy, Steve.

Retired Master Trooper & former LSP Crime Lab employee Steve Campbell passed away last night after a brave battle with cancer.
    He was 63. His wife, Marie, says he went peacefully in his sleep. In addition to his wife, he is survived by 3 daughters.
    There will be no funeral. A Celebration of Life will be held in the near future.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The "Derps" ran him from here, and now cancer has from life!

Very knowledgeable guy! For those that that are too new to remember him, you could search the archives under his BS Handle. He knew his stuff, and the forum was better for it.

Lot of laughs too!

Rest in Peace!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    RIP Steve, Prayers sent to family. The Law Enforcement and Shooting Family lost a great man,

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    One of the best instructors I've learned from, and one of my inspirations for becoming an instructor myself. Rest easy, sir.

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    My first day on this forum I determined LSP972 was the person with whom I needed to discuss H&K LEM triggers. Several PMs later I knew more than I ever knew possible about LEM vs LDA vs DAK. Later I did a face-to-face trade with Steve and was impressed with the depth and breadth of his knowledge. During that meet up I mentioned a concern I had with a family member's health and a concealed carry permit application. He assisted with setting up a phone call with the then head of that division who allayed my fears. I will be forever grateful to Steve.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    Been depressed all day since hearing this news. Even though we only met face to face a few times, I felt like he was an Uncle/Brother/Great Friend. He will truly be missed. He really knew his firearms. RIP LSP972.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Sad news indeed.
    I first met Steve at the early "combat matches" from the late 70's before USPSA was born. He was a young sate trooper and I was a young game warden.
    We lost touch with each other for a few years and found him here on Bayou Shooter and struck up our friendship again.
    I was proud to know him and call him a friend.
    RIP Steve

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    A man who like so many have said was a wealth of knowledge....Very sad to learn of his passing. I've never forgotten his contributions here- nor the advice he gave the times I asked.

Thank You, Steve- RIP, Sir.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I never got to meet him in person but we talked in PM's. I always read his post on here and Sigforum was a smart man.

Top Bottom