Rest in peace, Steve Campbell AKA LSP972

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I purchased a S&W Model 60 from Steve many years ago. 20 mins of talking to him and I learned more about that gun than with months of reading a book.

Very sorry to hear of his passing

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Steve was a great guy and his presence has been greatly missed on this board. He gave me many good tips along the way. When he would get into a discussion here,you could always tell that he was arguing from a great personal knowledge base. Rest in peace, sir.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Hell of a guy and a brother. Even if you didn't agree with him you had to respect him.

MrsSpecularius

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2017
    Near Alexandria LA
    I have been in tears all day. Everything has already been said, I could not add anything greater.

My life is richer for having his knowledge for an unfortune shorter time than any of us expected.

Cat

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    This is terrible terrible news. I really enjoyed Steve's posts and conversations, which were full of great real life information and applicable to whatever the subject matter was. He had a great sense of humor too. I met him only once in person up at the Baker range not long before he said adios to the group--he had had enough of what was at the time a lot of idiots coming on board. RIP Steve-you were a great one.

xmeister

xmeister
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Prairieville
    I met Steve a few years ago but knew of him before ever doing so. He did not disappoint in person when we did meet. He visited La Gun & Reloading occasionally in the months and weeks following his diagnosis and surgeries.
    He maintained his personality and wit despite the knowledge of his pending fate. His courage and acceptance of the inevitable was inspiring to say the least. We are diminished.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I have known Steve for the better part of the last 50 years. He forgot more about guns and shooting than most anyone has read, been told, or experienced. What else is there to say when he is the only guy to show up at his 20 year High School Reunion driving his LSP Unit with a trunk full of automatic weapons. Lots of funny stories follow his Legacy. R.I.P.

TangoCharlie145

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Alexandria, LA
    So very sad. I met Steve approximately 25 years ago and got to re-connect on BS. Even saw him in Youngsville a few years back at our swap meet. No nonsense kind of guy who always had time to talk if you were sincere in gaining knowledge. Strength and Honor sir. Until Valhalla!

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Steve helped me get my feet wet when I started shooting and taking classes. He never refused a phone call. Will miss the breakfasts before class started. He was a great friend and mentor.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been away for a bit and it brings me great sadness to return only to announce the passing of one of the greatest men I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Countless lunches, shooting matches, classes and phone calls spent with him and some dear friends who I called and still call family.

If you didn't know Steve, I'm sorry for you. If you did, you know he was one of the best, most knowledgeable men around.

Rest easy, Steve.

Damn...

Godspeed, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    I shook his hand once when I purchased something from him, never forgot his kindness and professionalism. Rip friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I met Steve in person six or seven years ago. We had breakfast and then headed to my house to work on his M1 Garand stock. We sat and talked for hours as I re shaped his stock. I was very impressed with his knowledge.
    At the end of 2012 I took over as the NIBN Examiner for BRPD and started working out of the State Police Crime LAB. My desk at the lab was next to Steve's. How does one get that lucky. Steve had very little tolerance for stupid people. He was not politically correct . He was brutaly honest. If he said something that hurt your feelings, you best have your own box of tissues. He never sugar coated the truth.
    He was a grumpy old sob at times.
    It has been an honor to know Steve and to call him a friend.
    Steve was my friend, he was like a brother to me.

I have to say that typing this little bit has taken some time. There is so much to say about Steve, but I can't seem to find the words and the tears are making it hard to see.

Top Bottom