Indy 500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    lap 53, Scott Dixon lucky to be alive.....walks away from a very nasty crash. Just destroyed his car.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Out of all the motor sport events I have been to, Talledega was prob my fav. Huge party, barbeque, horseshoes, people cruising around. Like 200,000 camping and/or attending race. Some don't even enter the racetrack, watch it on tv at the camper on site. I was intoxicated before the green flag fell :)

Sebring 12 hour race in FL was pretty good too. Same thing, big party, bikinis, cruising around in crazy vehicles, beer and boobs :) And a great race.

NHRA drag racing too :) probably going to Dallas in Oct.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I am a car gut and do not look at it. It has been many years since it was a "Stock Car" race

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    lap 53, Scott Dixon lucky to be alive.....walks away from a very nasty crash. Just destroyed his car.

I am acquainted with Jay Howard in the #77 car that came off the wall & slid down in front of Dixon. Pretty dramatic crash, but in general the less spectacular appearing crashes are sometimes worse. Pretty effective engineering to make a crash like that survivable, including the car and what it hits.

Sebring 12 hour race in FL was pretty good too. Same thing, big party, bikinis, cruising around in crazy vehicles, beer and boobs :) And a great race.
    Sounds like you would have fit in @ Watkins Glen too.

NHRA drag racing too :) probably going to Dallas in Oct.

I was at No Problem Raceway Friday night for a TnT. I drove about 2.5 hours round trip & saw a guy make 1 pass. I was delivering something to the guy and stayed to see the car make a bad launch, but they were there to test and tune and sort out a newer car. A lot of smoke & a lot of noise at times . . . . I left thinking James drive a pretty badass beast, there is at least 1 stupid fast 4 wheeler out there and I hate mosquitoes.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Glad I saw this so I could catch the end, I'm not a Speedway/oval race fan by any means, but you gotta watch the 500. I've been to Indy several times for motoGP, that track is huge! Great facility and town

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Takuma Sato! What a race today! Just held off Castroneves.

Darn good race! I thought for sure Castroneves had it won on the last pass he made and would have won his 4th Indy 500. But, the race is not over until the checkerd flag waves. Sato's car was just too strong.

Now, bring on the Coca Cola 600! Airing at 5:00pm.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Yeah, more like never.

Indy is not nascar

Yep, I agree. Indy never ever got even close to being like nascar! Now nascar on the other hand is a total different story. No longer even close to being a "stock car" from the days of old.

I have a feeling 340six knows. He is probably responding to this "Out of all the motor sport events I have been to, Talledega was prob my fav. Huge party, barbeque, horseshoes, people cruising around. Like 200,000 camping and/or attending race. Some don't even enter the racetrack, watch it on tv at the camper on site. I was intoxicated before the green flag fell". Then there is the Bruckyard 400 tie in.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I am talking about vehicles and nothing else, including the partying going on in the infield while the race is taking place. If I decide to drink, get drunk, and make a total fool of myself, I can stay at my home and save me a whole bunch of money. Now if I am wanting to go see a race in person, pay a whole bunch of money to get there and for the entry tickets, you can bet your backside that I am going to be sober during the event and to be able to remember it later! Wouldnt you?

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I am talking about vehicles and nothing else, including the partying going on in the infield while the race is taking place. If I decide to drink, get drunk, and make a total fool of myself, I can stay at my home and save me a whole bunch of money. Now if I am wanting to go see a race in person, pay a whole bunch of money to get there and for the entry tickets, you can bet your backside that I am going to be sober during the event and to be able to remember it later! Wouldnt you?

I am pretty much non drinker and like keeping my money when I can. If you want to see a race TV is the way to go.

I was merely saying 340six seem to be responding to ""Out of all the motor sport events I have been to, Talledega was prob my fav." and kept the whole quote.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I am pretty much non drinker and like keeping my money when I can. If you want to see a race TV is the way to go.

I was merely saying 340six seem to be responding to ""Out of all the motor sport events I have been to, Talledega was prob my fav." and kept the whole quote.

I hear you but then again, I am speaking of the race itself, the vehicles used in the race and not of the extra curricular activities occuring at or during the race. I watch the races on tv either because my schedule or funds do not allow me to attend them in person. And again, I state that if I want to get drunk out of my mind, it would be way more inexpensive to just stay at home rather than to travel many miles away, spend a whole bunch of money and blame my drunkeness on the race!
    There are idiots, and then there are more idiots. If I am going to attend a race in person, I am going to witness a race in person and nothing else. I am glad to state that I am not an idiot when it comes to races!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom