French Mle 1873

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Back in February I stopped in at one of the local pawn shops to drop off something off. While I was there I had a look at the guns. Sitting in the case was this French Mle 1873 priced at $350. I checked it out and it functioned fine. The price was good but I wasn't sure if I wanted it, I'm not a big collector of French weapons. I went home and gave it some thought and decided if it was still there when I went by the next day, I would get it.
    The next morning I took my 12yo son, Isaac, to the Waffle House for breakfast before taking him to his Doctor's apt. Isaac asked what was I going to do for the day. I told I was going to buy an old gun. He told me that he has been to a lot of gun shops with me, but never when I have bought a gun. I asked if he was sure about that and he said yes.
    After we were done at the Doctor's office we headed to the pawn shop. The gun was still there.
    As always when buying used guns at pawn shops I try to get them to come down on the price no matter how good it is. I asked what was the best price out the door and I was asked to make an offer. I told them $200, They said $300, I said sold.
    I don't think I will be shooting this one. I might just make a shadow box for it and hang it in my shop.
    n2kaqb.jpg

140j2x4.jpg

2hqyqgo.jpg

2u5b0av.jpg

kbqaud.jpg

zx49ki.jpg

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC