Webley MARK VI In 455

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Back in October I went by the bank. As I was leaving I noticed a few vehicles parked out side the local Pawn & Gun shop that was just down the street. The shop had taken on a few feet of water back in August when it flooded. It appeared that they were open so, I went on over. It was nice to see that they were open and had the place pretty much back together. In the gun shop they had new glass counters and had a pretty good stock of guns. I was shooting the bull with a few friends that were in the shop when I spotted a large revolver in one of the cases. I asked to look at it. It was a Webley MARK VI in pretty good shape. The cylinder looked up good and was not shaved for 45 ACP. The sweet thing is that it was priced at $349.99. I asked about the price and the guy behind the counter said that if it were military marked it would have been priced higher.
    Some one had cleaned up the barrel a little, but I wanted it for my collection so, I asked if they could work on the price. I know that I am evil for asking but it never hurts to try. I was told that I could have it for $300. I said I would take it if that was the price out the door. Would you believe that they said OK. I know, I'm a bad man and a thief.
    Well here are the pics and you can see that it does have the broad arrow stamps. All numbers are matching. It also has the broad arrow to broad arrow stamp on the left side of the frame.

jrpimf.jpg

332sewj.jpg

a5sgx.jpg

aetf90.jpg

2h5spdk.jpg

2h5spdk.jpg

I looked through my old ammo and found three cartridges.
    2hqrs6p.jpg

1zqq8o0.jpg

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    A Webley Mk VI in 455 Webley is worth $500 to $700 depending on condition. A lot of them were converted to 45 Auto by having the cylinder shaved. A converted model is worth $300 to $500.

Raguel3

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Great snag, and nice collection. I missed out on a nice nickeled version shaved for .45 acp 2 yrs ago. Should have just ponied up the $365 rt there, but was buying a 1903 Colt at same time, haggling took a few minutes and missed the chance at getting the Webley as well. Something will come around again tho :)

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nice find, and with some crisp armory markings to boot!

And please don't apologize for haggling on the price, especially in a pawn shop. I don't think I've ever bought a gun without haggling on the price.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom