Not an Issue, Feedback, or Request . . . .

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Curly Zoid

May 23, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Just a couple of questions . . . . .

I'm getting used to the layout and format of this site which leads me to a couple of questions:

1) Is there a limitation to the quantity/size/overall number of KBytes of attachments you may use/accumulate?

Capture.JPG

2) Is there no "like" button/feature on this site as seen on others?

3) What is your favorite color? (I had a third question, but cannot remember it right now - CRS.).

4) Oh yeah, I remember it now - is there any way to insert photos (attachments) as full size images instead of the thumbnails you have to click on to expand?

That is all . . . . . .

Curly Zoid

May 23, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    No information available in the open forums for all to benefit?

I can certainly do that, but wouldn't want to burden the Owner with the mundane. I know this forum has been around a lot longer than I have been active in "social media" gun sites. I figured this would be general knowledge.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Curly I dont know the answers to your questions and dont know if they can be found in the forum itself. As state above, PM Austin and ask. May take him awhile to get back to you but evintually he will. At one time we where limited to being able to only upload 5 photos to a post, I contacted him about changing it to more. He obliged and now we are able to upload 10 to each post. If he can without too much trouble, he is willing to work with us on the forum. Dont be afraid to contact him and ask.

Curly Zoid

May 23, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    10-4, will do.

Just didn't want to be that "newbie guy" asking the owner questions that were general knowledge to everyone but me . . . .

I tried to find that information myself, but my attention span is shorter than a hunting dog who's seen a SQUIRREL, SQUIRREL . . . .

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Actually you posted this in the appropriate section, and it is a request, for information pertaining to the site/forum/functions. Be patient, this isn't the admin's only gig. More like a side gig.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Curly,

1) I don't think so, but Austin or Kevin (puritanize) should know the answer.

2) That would be a decision for Austin or Kevin.

3) I used BSODGreen for several year, but the default has grown on me and I use it now.

4) There are 2 different picture posting tutorials in the sticky post in each Marketplace forum.
    One is for using the BayouShooter hosting.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?64119-Image-Hosting-Tutorial

And the other is for using TinyPic, a picture hosting web site.
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?116133-A-guide-to-posting-images

I personally use Photo Bucket to host my images, but there are many options available to use.

puritanize

Administrator
    Admin
    Premium Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Sanger, Texas
    1) the limit is on the qty, which is 100.
    2) nope, never had one here as far as I know.
    3) not sure, like combos of colors like silver and black
    4) yes, once it's in the post before you hit submit, double click the image for options..

hope that helps ;)

I'm getting used to the layout and format of this site which leads me to a couple of questions:

1) Is there a limitation to the quantity/size/overall number of KBytes of attachments you may use/accumulate?

View attachment 70679

3) What is your favorite color? (I had a third question, but cannot remember it right now - CRS.).

4) Oh yeah, I remember it now - is there any way to insert photos (attachments) as full size images instead of the thumbnails you have to click on to expand?

That is all . . . . . .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012

View attachment 70679

That is all . . . . . .

1) 10 - no size limitation. Images are automatically scaled if they are too large.
    2) We tried it and it didn't go too well.
    3) Good question. I have a few.
    4) If you click an attached image, it will open the larger image.

I would recommend using photo upload websites (Photobucket, Tinypic, etc) instead of attaching. The images aren't scaled and look better. Also, it's less load on the forum server, which will allow it to run slightly faster (very slightly, we have fast stuffz!).

I just think I stumbled upon a partial answer to one of my questions . . .

https://www.bayoushooter.com/upload/
    That is old actually lol. I forgot it existed. We added that awhile ago to help people host images before sites like PhotoBucket were popular.

Actually you posted this in the appropriate section, and it is a request, for information pertaining to the site/forum/functions. Be patient, this isn't the admin's only gig. More like a side gig.
    True story there. Just moved up to NYC for the summer actually and won't be on here nearly as much!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    1) the limit is on the qty, which is 100.
    2) nope, never had one here as far as I know.
    3) not sure, like combos of colors like silver and black
    4) yes, once it's in the post before you hit submit, double click the image for options..

hope that helps ;)

Just to clarify for all, it is in fact 10, not 100. I think Puritanize made a slight typo. It was five, as mentioned above, but I changed it to 10. Before anyone asks, I do not anticipate changing it any higher. Use photobucket or TinyPic :]

You weren't along yet whenever we had the like / dislike button. It was a hot mess and did not produce anything good.

John_

Shooter
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You weren't along yet whenever we had the like / dislike button. It was a hot mess and did not produce anything good.

Sort of like allowing anyone (card carrying members of course) to comment in other folk's classified threads. Wow, we haven't had a "lost soul" in a while :)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Sort of like allowing anyone (card carrying members of course) to comment in other folk's classified threads. Wow, we haven't had a "lost soul" in a while :)

Occasionally I almost accidentally comment on classified threads haha

Top Bottom