Petition to rename our "Fighting Tigers" ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    The idiots behind much of this are the TakeEmDownNola group. I invite anyone to visit their page and look at the map of things they want removed and or renamed. It seems endless as more has been added by the month in the name of erasing "white supremacy". Also, I have a friend that keeps me updated on their email blasts that keeps people informed of their "progress" and plans. Giving this group legitimacy by allowing the first 4 monuments to be removed is going to be proven to be a thorn in the side of anyone on the side of history. It gave them a platform to say they "succeeded" in some of their mission, and allowed their names to be put at the forefront of the debate moving forward, an "enforcer" so to speak. We need more people to speak against them to stop the spread of their mis-information and vitriol that is pushing these types of things along. When will enough be enough?

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    They're up to 31 signatures and one is contingent upon the name being changed to Boaty McBoatface!! Heck -- I'd sign it too if we can get Boaty McBoatface!!

longdude17

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Petition to rename our "Fighting Tigers" ?

Ok I'll bite as well... I believe that the tigers are so deeply rooted in our southern Louisiana culture that IF LSU does change the mascot, there will be mass hysteria and riots at the the first football game! Not to mention the loss of revenue to LSU would extremely detrimental to the sports program.

But if the libtards do win, it's probably going to end up as the LSU Care-bears

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    I think you over-estimate not the initial outcry but the longer term resistance. In the end those with deep pockets supporting the program will be the desisive vote.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    CW II cant happen soon enough.....or WW III and a draft at a minimum to thin the herd of these worthless fuc#s...

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Just another piece of evidence that the parents of the current snowflake generation are complete failures

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe they want to name them the purring kiddy cats.
    Wingate

Ok I'll bite as well... I believe that the tigers are so deeply rooted in our southern Louisiana culture that IF LSU does change the mascot, there will be mass hysteria and riots at the the first football game! Not to mention the loss of revenue to LSU would extremely detrimental to the sports program.

LSU Nutria!!!!!

After that ass whipping the girls took yesterday at the CWS by Florida, they might be better suited to be named the Tiger Droppings! :(

Just kidding!

Come on girls! Pull together! You can get your revenge with Florida in the Championship game! :x:

longshot308

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I read about it and my first thought was, how do these students find the time for crap like this instead of going to class. This is not the United States of the Offended. Just sit down shut up and do not mess with things they do not understand.

Being a recent graduate, I can say that there are so many there that do not need to be there. It drives me insane when someone gets federal funding to go to college to waste time with BS majors (proud recent mechanical here). Some people are just bored and like stirring stuff up so they feel like they have a purpose. This isn't anything new, just gets covered more often

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx

I would bet if LSU did cave and change the mascot nothing would change. The games will still be sold out and just like the monuments, people will voice their concerns but not follow through on a boycott of the city or the games. If you make a hard stand you are a racist. Game over.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If they have a problem with the "tigers" I say they should be renamed something more indicative of LSU and a college town. And considering Baton Rouge TOPS the nation in this statistic, I think they should be renamed the.........

LSU Raging AIDS

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    They're up to 31 signatures and one is contingent upon the name being changed to Boaty McBoatface!! Heck -- I'd sign it too if we can get Boaty McBoatface!!

I think this is how we got The Baby Cakes.

Top Bottom