New Orleans WWII Museum Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Great restaurant. The burgers are awesome. If I recall correctly, it's the owner/chef of August's has it. And, far as I know, it's not licensed properly to limit concealed carry. It's not a bar. I don't remember the legal terms here though, so forgive me.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Reviving this one.... I’ll be headed there soon and was needing the info.

Is the general admission ticket good enough for a first time visit? Did it take all day to see it all?

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Last time I was there it was right on the edge of all day pushing to 2 if you like to read and browse everything.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

claydoh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2021
    Baton Rouge
    I know this thread is old, but I went to the WWII museum in New Orleans yesterday and wanted to share how it works now.
    When you walk in the main building you go through a metal detector. I was carrying IWB, and there were no alarms or anything, so I thought I may have been okay, but I was immediately pulled to the side and asked about it.

They asked for my CCW permit and wrote down the information from it. The guard on duty then radioed someone stating something about a CCW check etc... and then described me over the radio to that person... white male, in a blue shirt and blue cap etc...

After that he sent me on my way and said to enjoy the museum.

It could be coincidence, but I seemed to notice a couple people who always happened to be around the same exhibit I was looking at. It makes sense that you would stay close to the people you start with, but I moved quickly through some and lingered longer at others. I wondered if they have 'their' people (security, law enforcement etc...) 'monitor' those who are carrying to make sure they aren't acting like they are up to something? Just a thought.

So yes, you can still conceal carry, but not anonymously.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    There are metal detectors and the security desk is right there. Let them know you are conceal carrying and give them your permit. They look it over and you go about your way.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    There are metal detectors and the security desk is right there. Let them know you are conceal carrying and give them your permit. They look it over and you go about your way.
    How are they handling the new law about Veterans carrying?

Top Bottom