Smoked wings

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Swapping from cox cable to att fiber internet today along with satellite, so I was stuck at home and couldn't leave the tech here by himself. Grabbed some chicken out of the fridge and decided to smoke them.

IMG-2432-222733.JPG

Dusted with dillo dust.

IMG-2433-222734.JPG

Tossed in the smoker for a couple hours. Then allowed to cool.

IMG-2454-222736.JPG

Looks cooked to me!

IMG-2456-222738.JPG

Threw it in the air fryer to crisp up the skin, and it was delicious. Had some BBQ sauce mixed with buffalo sauce to dip.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That looks lovely. And with the classic Mac and cheese or corn companion? What rub do you use?

I used Dillo Dust (collected a few bottles over the years).

As far as the sides, well I wanted something quick, I smoked the wings early in the morning and put it in the fridge after it cooled down. That way when it was dinner time I can make a "quick meal". 5 minutes in the air fryer was all it needed and the corn took 6 minutes in my instant pot (pressure cooker). The Mac was an after thought.

tmbold

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Denham Springs
    looks good, i'm switching to att/direct tv as well. How do you like it, i'm worried about the satellite when weather is bad? thanks

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It rained pretty hard this past Sunday evening, I had ZERO issues connecting to the satellite (mind you they used my 10+ year old satellite on my roof, and not a new one for convenience) As far as internet, it's fiber, can consistently get 300+mb/s speed tests (not the 1000 they advertise but I know I'm limited the further out I am and equipment I'm using).

Even when the internet "lags" I'm still getting 50+mb/s I don't know if that's a fluke or not, but it happened once for about 20 min where I was going "slower" which is still just as fast if not faster than I was with cox. The greatest part is I was paying close to 300 for cox and now paying 125.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom