Need some help finding an attorney

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    I need some help fellas. In December 2016, I had an accident. My car was towed to a dealership in Baton Rouge to be repaired. Most of it was repaired, and in three months or so, returned to me. The car continued to malfunction so I brought it back.

After about a month, it was returned to me after replacing a part they thought repaired it, but it did not. I returned it again for repair. It has not been repaired nor returned to me, and I am approaching SIX MONTHS without my car.

They have thrown parts at it that have not fixed it, running up the bill to the insurance company in excess of $15000. I was told I was too close to being totaled, so everything else would be purchased and repaired under warranty.

My calls go mostly unanswered or unreturned, and, when I get in touch with someone, they tell me what they are going to do next then wait days to do it or make a decision on what to do next. You would figure after six months it would be a priority to them to repair the car...

I've contacted my insurance company and also the attorney general's office: consumer protection division. I've never sued anyone before, and don't really want to now, but I feel like they are dragging their feet on purpose. I just want my car repaired and returned to me.

I've called several local attorneys who tell me they do not do that kind of legal work. Any ideas on one that would?

Thanks
    MJF

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Would that be Dupleses in BR. They still have a buddies truck. 6 months so far. They gave it back repaired but now it's back with them with a oil leak. At least he has a loaner truck. His third loaner because they don't want him going over 5000 miles on it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    What did your insurance company say? The comment about paying under warranty to keep it from being totaled should have gotten their attention...

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    An attorney won't take that case because there is no money in it for them. I would be at my insurance agents office when they opened. If they don't help, drop them and find another agent.

michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    It is not Duplesis. I'd rather not say who it is just yet.
    My insurance company gave me a list of authorized repair centers in BR, but none of them will touch this.

They are supposed to have someone call me today from USAA.

Top Bottom