Advice for potential LEO?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I just got the phone call from Orleans Parish Sheriffs Office. I go tomorrow morning for panel interview, finger printing, and polygraph.... would you current LEO be willing to offer any insight/Advice? I'm actually kind of nervous....ive never been this kind of nervous about a "job interview" before...

Creoleman

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Metairie,La.
    So did it turn out okay for you? I worked there, although it was revolvers only and Foti was Sherriff, if that gives you a hint of how long ago...:D

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Nothing to be worried about. Don't let the polygraph get to you. If you do it may read faults readings and you will have to come back and do it again. Just relax and answer. I was nervous when I did it for JPSO. Had to come back for a second one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'm thinking it went ok. I did the panel interview with 3 officers, and what i thought would be a really tense situation, was made really relaxed by them. the polygraph went ok I guess. I kept my nerves in check, and just answered everything as honestly as I could remember. In the beginning, the girl processing everything told me and 4-5 other people, she probably won't remember names. By the end of the 2 day process, everyone on the 3rd floor was speaking to me on a first name basis. I felt really comfortable with that, and figured, it must be a good thing if the staff are making a point to remember my name.. Anyway, I'm in that point now, I was told in 3-5 business days I should be receiving an e-mail or a phone call. today was day 3, so I guess Monday or Tuesday I'll hear something.

Creoleman, yeah I'd say its been a minute. Now you got Gusman in charge, and standard issue is a Glock22 if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:

Goatwhiskers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Used to work--long time ago--for an old sheriff in Texas. He had 2 main rules:
    1. Treat a man like a man.
    2. If the shxx starts, you win.
    Spent 15 yrs working in this state. Was the best and most useful advice I've ever gotten. Follow #1, you seldom need #2. GW

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ok, update time.

For whatever reason, I haven't heard from OPSO. Guessing there is something in my background check they don't like, or interview wasn't a well as I thought..Who knows... Anyway. It looks like I'm still going to get a chance at getting away from the automotive industry finally, like I've been talking/posting about for months. I'm being brought into the team over at PEMBA Lighting and Automation in Belle Chasse. The company goes way deeper than I ever thought. They do everything from home and business lighting, to security systems, all the way up to advanced network systems for business and more that I can't fathom at this point. My only electrical experience is basic low voltage (9-12v) stuff for automotive purposes. This is going to be a completely new world for me as I'm pretty much am walking into a room of gunmen unarmed in hopes I can manage to stay alive. HaHa. I'm actually nervous as hell, but excited at the same time.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Good luck with getting the job and be safe it you do get it.

Funny thing about the polygraph. A guy I've known since elementary in Pride works for EBRSO and if he passed it they must not have asked him anything. He's done a lot of dope.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom