Has anyone ever used A-1 Gun repair in Metairie?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Yes! I grew up three blocks from that place. The current location is a little bigger than his original store (which was on the same block). Haven't been there in years, but I can tell you that the old man is probably one of the best gunsmiths in the country. He is truly passionate for what he does and it shows in his work. He worked on 3 of my Katrina guns. I lived in Lakeview when Katrina hit, and those 3 firearms sat under nasty water for almost a full month. A-1 Gun Repair did such an outstanding job bringing them back to life, that you'd never know they were flooded guns if I didn't tell you. I was absolutely blown away with how well they came back. Go there. But go early, I believe he closes at 2:00 or 3:00 pm.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    Yes! I grew up three blocks from that place. The current location is a little bigger than his original store (which was on the same block). Haven't been there in years, but I can tell you that the old man is probably one of the best gunsmiths in the country. He is truly passionate for what he does and it shows in his work. He worked on 3 of my Katrina guns. I lived in Lakeview when Katrina hit, and those 3 firearms sat under nasty water for almost a full month. A-1 Gun Repair did such an outstanding job bringing them back to life, that you'd never know they were flooded guns if I didn't tell you. I was absolutely blown away with how well they came back. Go there. But go early, I believe he closes at 2:00 or 3:00 pm.

Thank you Stephen. I believe he closes at 3. I called him and he seemed to know what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Many years ago he repaired a gun for me. It was a minor repair (remove a broken screw and replace it) and only took a few minutes. He wouldn't charge me. Good guy. I just wish he was open at a time I could get to him without blowing a vacation day.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yes that was the place, set back in the rear of the little strip center if I remember right...I bought my G43 rifle from them back in 1985!!

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    Yes that was the place, set back in the rear of the little strip center if I remember right...I bought my G43 rifle from them back in 1985!!

He's moved since then, A1 now fronts on Wes Esplanade itself. It's in the strip mall next to the strip mall he used to be in.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    That is Art ,he sold out & retired now

Did Mr. Art really retire??? I knew he'd wanted to for a long time. Good for him if he finally did it. So A1 is still open under new ownership now or did it close completely?

I dealt with Mr. Art once in 2003 & once in early 2016. Good guy.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Did Mr. Art really retire??? I knew he'd wanted to for a long time. Good for him if he finally did it. So A1 is still open under new ownership now or did it close completely?

I dealt with Mr. Art once in 2003 & once in early 2016. Good guy.

Still open, but I would call to check times and possibly even make an appointment since they don't really seem to have consistent set hours of business.

Top Bottom