IWI Tavor X-95

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    Anybody have any experience or opinions of the IWI Tavor X-95 Bullpup? I have one expected to be delivered this upcoming Wednesday in 300 Blackout. Any recommendations on an optic? Another X-95 in 5.56 is on my wish list.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I received the IWI Tavor x-95 Bullpup rifle. I am still looking for a recommendation on an optic for the 300 Blackout.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    On a Tavor, I am not a huge fan of the popup BUS... but they are effective and I do like the convenience of how they stow.

I would recommend any optic with a short or unlimited eye relief, the same as an AR. There are some BSA TW223... inexpensive and works great with the 300 BLK round and is 1-4x (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNSP5AC?tag=reloaderaddict-20) $70.16 on amazon

If you're looking for a non 1x optic, or something for more distance... go with the Nikon P-300, which is designed specifically for the 300 blackout round.
    (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BQ9Y1TK?tag=reloaderaddict-20) $175 on Amazon.

If you want to spend just as much as the rifle, Sig Saur makes one specifically for the 300BLK round that runs about $1600... and then there are always the major players like Trijicon.

If you're looking for closer-in type, try EOTECH or Aimpoint... I also like HOLOSUN or the SIG SAUR series like the Romeo 4.

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I received the IWI Tavor x-95 Bullpup rifle. I am still looking for a recommendation on an optic for the 300 Blackout.

Post what the intended use of this 300BLk Tavor will be. Then we can give you some specific recommendations.

Home defense- Red dot
    100yds and closer- red dot/1x4 scope
    100-300yds- magnified scope 3.5 x ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loudog

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I run a Meprolight Mepro Tru-Dot RDS on mine. Works great. Main use is out to 100 years. No problem center mass ringing 6 inch plates. I also run trijicon mro's on a few other guns as well. I wouldn't go eotech if u have an astigmatism. I tried it first on my x95 and I had to return it. The dot was just a big star burst.

I imagine if u got a bullpup your intent wasn't to precision shoot out past 100 yards so really comes down to budget. I'd go red dot.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I run a Meprolight Mepro Tru-Dot RDS on mine. Works great. Main use is out to 100 years. No problem center mass ringing 6 inch plates. I also run trijicon mro's on a few other guns as well. I wouldn't go eotech if u have an astigmatism. I tried it first on my x95 and I had to return it. The dot was just a big star burst.

I imagine if u got a bullpup your intent wasn't to precision shoot out past 100 yards so really comes down to budget. I'd go red dot.

+2 for red dot. I like the HOLOSUN to be honest... it has a solar panel for daytime use and a battery for night operations. VERY clear glass with a Circle-Dot reticle.

http://www.holosun.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=96&search=hs503c

Newbie21

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    +1 for red dots for 300bo. anything past say 160-180 is a big bullet drop. I have my 300bo zeroed at 50, though i havent got to a longer range to test it yet but ballistics calcs has it dropping a good bit at the longer yardages

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom