First Post 41F Purchase. *update*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I have to admit that I have been dragging my feet hoping that the hearing protection act would happen before I purchased a new can. After much deliberation, I came to the reality that it won't be happening any time soon. Last Friday I got in touch with Tyler at Interstate Guns in Hammond. Low and behold they had a Thunderbeast Ultra 9 CB in stock that fit my needs. Saturday morning I showed up at 0900 and was out the door at 0930. Fingerprints were done right there in the store. Passport photos done on my phone and uploaded instantly.
    It don't get any easier folks. Big thanks to Tyler and Interstate Guns... true professionals. You guys make this too easy.:hi5:

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Glad to hear you decided to make another NFA purchase. I have been telling people that come into my shop if they want suppressors then they should get the ball rolling (regardless of the hearing protection act passing or not). The longer you wait...the longer you wait.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I hear once they get past that HUGE silencer shop group, that the wait times will drop dramatically due to suppressor sales being down BIG TIME. Miss those 3 month stamps I got 7-8 years ago.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Glad to hear you decided to make another NFA purchase. I have been telling people that come into my shop if they want suppressors then they should get the ball rolling (regardless of the hearing protection act passing or not). The longer you wait...the longer you wait.

I can't agree with you more.
    Even better if you find a local shop with what you want in stock. That shaves at least 30-45 days off the form 3 dealer to dealer transfer.

Between cans, SBR's, and an SBS I have accumulated thru the years this was absolutely the easiest transfer I have done.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Forgot where I read it, but it was posted the atf can process "x" amount of forms per week. And they are still working on the silencer shop ones that was over 100,000 forms, but after that it'll be quicker. I'm in no rush since I have everything I "need" but will probably submit a form when the suppressor marker bottoms out and they just need to move inventory

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Every time I've been in Interstate Guns they've had a huge selection of suppressors in stock and they have made the purchase process quick and easy. Once (pre-41F) I called in and bought one over the phone, they mailed me everything I needed to sign, with an envelope already post marked and addressed for me to send to the ATF. All I had to do was put my trust in there and sign the papers and put it in the mail box. Easy pezzy.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Every time I've been in Interstate Guns they've had a huge selection of suppressors in stock and they have made the purchase process quick and easy. Once (pre-41F) I called in and bought one over the phone, they mailed me everything I needed to sign, with an envelope already post marked and addressed for me to send to the ATF. All I had to do was put my trust in there and sign the papers and put it in the mail box. Easy pezzy.

Very easy.
    From what I understand, the prints that I just did are kept on file and good for 2 years of future purchases as well.
    I foresee that I'll be placing a call to them this September for the 2017 Louisiana Second Amendment Sales Tax Holiday. Gotta have another .22 can.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    *Update*
    Pending with the ATF 6/26/2017
    Approved 10/26/2017

4 months... best I’ve seen it in a long time.
    Huge thanks again to Tyler and Interstate Guns. You guys rock.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    *Update*
    Pending with the ATF 6/26/2017
    Approved 10/26/2017

4 months... best I’ve seen it in a long time.
    Huge thanks again to Tyler and Interstate Guns. You guys rock.

This is good news! thanks for posting!

Did you apply via individual or trust?

Last edited:

oldsman350

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I tried out the Silencer shop single shot trust and their form 1 service for my Bren 805. I’m curious to see how long the Form 1 takes as I am the only one on that trust. Tried the single shot trust instead of having to drag my brother and wife down to the store to get a fingerprint.

Laid Back

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Livingston Parish
    Bought 3 suppressors and an SBR back in April from interstate Guns, 5-1/2 months...individual. Was very surprised. This was my first NFA type of purchase and they made it seem very easy and were extremely knowledgeable.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    The most recent form 4s, post 41F, I have received at the shop were individuals right at 6 months, the previous were trusts @ 12 months. Hopefully we will be able to figure out a rhyme and reason to the rhythm sooner than later.

I am working on my 9th month.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom