Question about Maxpedition gear

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I read a recent thread about a backpack someone was trying out and they said they are staying clear of maxpedition gear. I have a small pack made by them and it seems well made although over priced ( in my opinion). Is there something about this company that I'm missing? Do they have bad customer service or poor workmanship?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    They make durable gear. Better than much of the competition. I don't know why anyone would stay clear other than it isn't made in the USA.

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I just saw that. I tried to pm him, but it wouldn't let me. Know I know the rest of the story.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    their trizip is a clone or collaboration with Mystery ranch and is also very good.. I agree. unless they are politically slanted badly.. I cannot imagine why

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    And theyve only been copied by several companies. Cant be that bad if several companies are blatantly copying your products.

Vanquest gear, the crap at academy, etc etc

I dont own much of their stuff, but if they had something I needed its pretty good stuff.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    If it's something like "the ceo voted for Hillary" I have come to the conclusion that no ceo is going to agree with me 100% but if the company is supplying ISIS with hipster doofus backpacks, well then I'd have to take my business elsewhere.

Magnus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    They aren't considered high-end. Generally they seem to be heavier than other similar products. I don't know if that translates into heavier duty; but, I have owned and used several of their products over the years and they all seemed to hold up quite well. I really like their molle attachment system.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    I used one for about 5 years travelling offshore. It had the crap beat out of it at heliports, boat rides etc. Never failed & ended up giving it to a friends son to use for camping. Far as I know he is still using it.

Gravelface

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    I-55@I-12
    Mapedition is excellent gear! I’ve had a backpack for close to 10 years now, used it for a couple years in college, few years dedicated camping pack, now is a dedicated truck / fishing pack. Never had a zipper failure, no holes, and if I bothered washing it, probably look brand new. I’ve never had to buy another one cause this one has done it all.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I’ve used maxpedition gear and have never had any issues. I have owned a few Drago Gear backpacks recently that are very well made also for a fair price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If you go over to the EDCForum and look in the bags and cases section there is a thread stickied that explains most of the issues people have had with Maxped. Seems to be with customer service...

I have a metric ton of maxped gear and have been very happy with it. Construction and materials are much better than anything you will find at academy and I do feel that maxped is better than 5.11. Not way better. I have a few items from Vanquest, mainly the organizers and they have a better design and the same construction and materiel quality.

I bought most of the Maxped stuff from LA police gear in the closeout and discount sections, so I rarely paid normal price.

I have a Maxped Larkspur that i use as a travel/carry on bag. It is very simple and not tactical in the slightest, but uses the same materials. It has had a lot of use from me, and even more from the 1st owner. I have washed it quite a few times in the washing machine (frowned upon by some...) and no issues at all.

jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    A lot of people fall into the trap of "if it's more expensive, it's better." Maxpedition probably falls somewhere in the middle in terms of price. Much higher than eBay crap but much lower than TAD, Mystery Ranch, Eber...I've used a few packs and have never had an issue. I did go to a Vertx backpack because it is MUCH more discreet. Now I have a Maxped Falcon collecting dust. Maybe i'll list it...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom