Pellet Gun Accuracy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Then a .223 using a .22 pellet and just a primer is probably out of the question.
    Lol!!!
    Thanks, Mines in there Gamo Whisper Cat.
    My Gamo is very accurate and consistent with cheaper pellets. The cheaper the pellet, the better it shoots. When I put expensive pellets in it, they start to wonder. Also, be sure to clean and lubricate the barrel. They get dirty quick with the lead.

I'll do that, I've tried it a bit this evening using the artillery hold, In the red on the first 2 shots!!!

Going back when it cools down a bit for more practice, Also I don't think I have 30 rounds thru this pellet gun!

Thanks to all.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I've got an Umarex Octane in 22. Its a gas piston break barrel and is more accurate than i am. I managed a squirrel at a measured 40 yards. Its a heavy rifle but fun to shoot and plenty accurate inside 25 yards for the birdies. Its also most accurate with the Crosman HPs but some of the skirts are slightly off center so i cull them if i'm shooting for groups.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I've got an Umarex Octane in 22. Its a gas piston break barrel and is more accurate than i am. I managed a squirrel at a measured 40 yards. Its a heavy rifle but fun to shoot and plenty accurate inside 25 yards for the birdies. Its also most accurate with the Crosman HPs but some of the skirts are slightly off center so i cull them if i'm shooting for groups.

I have a box of 22 cal pellets around here I bought at an estate sale, Want em?

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have a box of 22 cal pellets around here I bought at an estate sale, Want em?

I can try them. I've found that the soft lead don't shoot well at all. I'm guessing the air pressure blows the skirts out of round. All of the chrony results that i've seen on this rifle get around 950 fps with 14.3 gr lead.

If you have time, check out some of the videos of air rifle hunters in England. They are only allowed rifles up to 12 lbs of pressure and make clean kills at 30 and 40 yards on rabbits. Air rifles here can be 20 lbs or more.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I can try them. I've found that the soft lead don't shoot well at all. I'm guessing the air pressure blows the skirts out of round. All of the chrony results that i've seen on this rifle get around 950 fps with 14.3 gr lead.

If you have time, check out some of the videos of air rifle hunters in England. They are only allowed rifles up to 12 lbs of pressure and make clean kills at 30 and 40 yards on rabbits. Air rifles here can be 20 lbs or more.

Thanks, I'll check them out, Our old wild azz rabbits start running away long before 50 yds. :mamoru:

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I wouldnt have guessed either until i read it a couple of times. I didnt think much of it but it seems to be somewhat true. Of course I'm not ruling out coincidence.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    A few guys have already hit on the artillery hold, it is the reason I sold my rws350 magnum and went with a pcp air rifle. I would hold it one way and be right on, I would bench rest it and would hit a few inches differently......drove me nuts. If budget is an issue and pcp is out of the question stick to a nitro piston rifle, I bought my son a nitro piston air rifle and its very accurate without the same spring gun issues.

BO_V

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I love my Benjamin 347
    I got it when in was in the 6th grade
    Still very accurate rifle
    Take it every so often to the shop for new piston and seals

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom