Cajun Country Members, Travel Advice - AAR added

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    My wife and I have a family wedding coming up in Texas, and we'd like to meander back home with a stop somewhere in the Lafayette/Breaux Bridge/New Iberia area - mostly because that is normally just "pass through" country on these trips.

I'm looking for advice on what you guys think are good places to eat - either lunch or dinner.

Anything else you might suggest worth our time would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    XD-GEM

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Stop in Scott, exit 97 right along I-10 and eat at Fezzo's Restaurant. Great place to eat steaks, seafood, or whatever you are in the mood for. You will not be disappointed!

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Stop in Scott, exit 97 right along I-10 and eat at Fezzo's Restaurant. Great place to eat steaks, seafood, or whatever you are in the mood for. You will not be disappointed!
    I went to Houston for a family wedding 2 months ago. Pulled off and figured we would try this place called Fezzo's. Just wish I lived closer. This is your stop. You have to go here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I went to Houston for a family wedding 2 months ago. Pulled off and figured we would try this place called Fezzo's. Just wish I lived closer. This is your stop. You have to go here.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most definitely! Ate there this past Friday evening and had the rib eye steak and was not disappointed. A regular dining place for me and the family as we always enjoy dining there regardless if it be steak or seafood. They do it all very good! Their fried catfish platters and chicken and sausage gumbo is very good also which is the usual choice for my 7yr old son!

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I can second Fezzos. Been eating there my whole life (original location is in Crowley). Great food and a nice restaurant.

bowhtr1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2016
    US
    Best Stop is also good to pick up some good boudin balls to bring home. Same exit.

Sent from my SM-T537V using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I can second Fezzos. Been eating there my whole life (original location is in Crowley). Great food and a nice restaurant.

Yep. Crowley is the original location with the one in Scott the 2nd and now they have a third in Broussard. Never been disappointed at the Crowley or Scott location. Have not made it to the Broussard location yet.

rabiddawg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't know what happened to Fezzos in Scott. When it opened it was one of our favorites. But a couple years ago the steaks got smaller/thinner and not as good. We hardly go there any more. I can't speak for the rest of the menu as I usually eat meat when I go to a restraunt.

My favorites:

Agave (off camellia not the one on Bertrand)I guess Mexican describes it. Not traditional Mexican

Charlie G's very nice, white table cloth type atmosphere

Rufinos $$ very nice but louder atmosphere than Charlie G's

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    How long has this been open? I have lived here for 15 years but never heard of it. Gonna have to check it out.

The Lafayette location been open for a few years now.
    The original Johnson's was in Eunice. Opened in the 30's. Growing up there I remember standing in line for boudin Saturday mornings.
    Try the bbq too, it's good stuff.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Best Stop is also good to pick up some good boudin balls to bring home. Same exit.

Best stop is like an old butcher shop inside a country convenience store. Stop on the way back so you can load up on boudin, tasso, smoked beef/pork/turkey sausage, stuffed meats, etc. They are about 1 mile north of I-10 at the Scott exit. Don't know their hours, so you might want to check them out on the way to TX.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I don't know what happened to Fezzos in Scott. When it opened it was one of our favorites. But a couple years ago the steaks got smaller/thinner and not as good. We hardly go there any more. I can't speak for the rest of the menu as I usually eat meat when I go to a restraunt.

This ^^^^ I'm not impressed with the food at the location here in Broussard. Not to bash the place but have eaten there four times , steak, chicken etc. Not all that good to me. Riverside Inn nails it for me. I have been eating there for over 40years. Older restaurant but great food!

The last really great meal I had was at Texas De Brazil in Dallas a few months ago. Unbelievable!!! From the salad, cheese bread to the steaks, it was up with some of the best food I have ever had! I think there is one in Baton Rouge. Maybe Mickey can scout it out and give us his 2 cents? I know I ate soooo much steak, I was "locked" up for two days!!! :mamoru:

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    If you're looking for a quick meal, Old Tyme Grocery has an amazing poboy. Right across the street is a pretty good restaurant called Saint Street Inn. Kind of hipster feel to it, but I managed.
    http://www.oldetymegrocery.com/
    http://saintstreetinn.com/

Social Southern Table & Bar is a really good. A little more upscale than the others. You have to try the Frites 5.0!
    http://socialsouthern.com/

If you feel like driving to New Iberia, check out Bon Creole. It's a hole in the wall, but the food is stellar. The roast beef poboy is on point, but wear a shirt you don't mind getting dirty!
    http://bon-creole.com/

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    If you're looking for a quick meal, Old Tyme Grocery has an amazing poboy. Right across the street is a pretty good restaurant called Saint Street Inn. Kind of hipster feel to it, but I managed.
    http://www.oldetymegrocery.com/
    http://saintstreetinn.com/

Social Southern Table & Bar is a really good. A little more upscale than the others. You have to try the Frites 5.0!
    http://socialsouthern.com/

If you feel like driving to New Iberia, check out Bon Creole. It's a hole in the wall, but the food is stellar. The roast beef poboy is on point, but wear a shirt you don't mind getting dirty!
    http://bon-creole.com/

Another recomendation on Old Tyme Grocery! Definitely great poboys are served there!

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks to one and all who responded. Looks like I might make it 2 days in the area just to hit a few more places.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom