WTS: Antique Fencing Helmet (British Military?)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Verbal Kint

I dunno
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hammond
    I have an old helmet/mask that I got a long, long time ago. Been in a box for the last 40 years... Recently re-discovered it while cleaning out my parents house. Never knew what it was really. Kinda thought it was an old Japanese kendo helmet. However, I did a little research, and I now believe it to be a fencing helmet dating to the early part of the 20th century (WWI era). Couple of sites have pictures of basically identical helmets and identify then as British (or Canadian or Australian) military. One site made reference to the helmets being used for sabre practice. I have no idea if the sites are correct, just all I could find. It is in decent enough shape for a piece of leather sports equipment that's around 100 years old but isn't perfect (see pics). Figure it may be of some interest to a collector of British militaria if there are any lurking here. Hate to stick it back in a closet for another 40 years, so it's up for sale. $125

I'm in Hammond, travel up and down I-12 from Baton Rouge to Slidell pretty regularly. Make pretty frequent trips to N.O. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Attachments

• Fencing 1.jpg
      Fencing 1.jpg
      48.5 KB · Views: 17
    • Fencing 2.jpg
      Fencing 2.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 20
    • Fencing 3.jpg
      Fencing 3.jpg
      48.9 KB · Views: 17
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom