Mag Tactical Systems

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I stopped in at BJ Pawn on my way home today and picked up one of the Mag Tactical magnesium lowers.
    I really didn't need another lower but for $39.99 for a lightweight lower, why not.:cool:
    I don't have any plans for a build right now, but may let my 13 yo son use it to build the red rifle he wants. IMG_0545.jpgIMG_0546.jpg

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Here is what I found on it at one site:
    New model with improved Black hard finish. Reinforced key areas of the receiver including the front pivot pin location and the trigger and hammer pin area. Longer trigger pin set included. Available in a black coated finish only. These are fresh production and are much improved over earlier production.
    35% Lighter than MILSPEC 5.56mm AR Receivers

The GEN 4 receiver has an integrated trigger guard that will allow the use of cold weather gear, has reinforced trigger & hammer axle pin placement points and front pivot pins are reinforced to eliminate any fracturing during torque when receiver is in the break down position

They are made of a magnesium alloy and are Cerakoted. I had looked at them a few years ago when they were selling for $80. There are a bunch of mixed reviews on them, but most of the bad stuff was from operator errors, ammo or both. Also most of the reviews on forums are 5 to six years ago.
    I read one where the guy had an out of battery ignition and he blamed the lower. .????
    Another broke the rear of the lower when mortaring the rifle in a class where the instructor was showing how to mortar a rifle.
    Classic Firearms has the lowers for $37.50. If you add shipping and dealer transfer you will be over $50.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Sounds like they've made some improvements over the generations. Was this a one off or something they're stocking? They have any other lowers over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Jeremy said that he will be stocking the Mag Tactical lowers. He has them in the white and in black.
    He also has Areo and Anderson lowers. He also has Spikes Jack and Warthog lowers. While I was there they got in a shipment of about 50 Anderson lowers.
    He carries a full line of AR parts and has complete uppers too.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I saw that Primary Arms [in Slickguns] was down to $29.95 on new Anderson Lowers. A lot of dealers are hurting bad to unload inventory.

I saw the sale at Primary Arms, but I already have 6 or 7 Anderson lowers in my shop.
    At $29.95, that's a great price but you can't forget shipping and dealer transfer fee. That would put the lower's total cost right at $60.
    BJ Pawn sales Anderson lowers just under $60

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I stopped in at BJ Pawn on the way home today. They had the Anderson lowers on the shelf for $49.99.

Top Bottom