Plea from a gun dealer...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Guys, my apologies if you follow us on IG of FB and have seen this already but this really struck a chord in me and I know it will in all of the dad's out there. I'm never been a safety Nazi, but as a gun dealer, I have always tried to emphasize the importance of training and safe gun handling and have gone so far and to refuse sales and ask people to leave who have intentionally pointed "unloaded" inventory at their friends. If I am willing to stand up to customers, you need to be willing to stand up to friends on safe gun handling. Please read the following:

951ff9b10d659295527614a320e47b68.jpg

This young lady was nine years old. Now she's dead. Killed by a father who was by all accounts loving and caring through his grossly negligent handling of a firearm.

The story in the media (true or not) is that while showing his children his new firearm and telling them what not to do he forgot the gun was loaded, pointed the gun at her, pulled the trigger, and killed her. What is undisputed is that she died from a gunshot wound to the forehead delivered from less than 3' away.

All guns are loaded. Never point them at anyone you don't intend to kill. Store them safely and securely. If you need help with handling skills or storage recommendations---ASK. Get training----ask me for qualified trainers. I can spot @phobos_solutions students before they ever tell me they trained there simply by their gun handling skills.

Please be careful. Please reevaluate your handling procedures and storage methods. You can't take a bullet back.
    Sorry for the buzzkill but this is too important and absolutely heartbreaking. Please share with your friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Reason I hate shopping at the counter at Cabela's when anyone is there even if it is just a look see. I was sick of getting stuff pointed at me.
    And awhile back someo working there was shot by himself with a gun that was on display

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    This is the ultimate in tragedy. What could be worse on a personal level than a parent unintentionally killing their child? Outliving one's child is bad enough, but your negligence being the cause is the worst.

That said, the first and primary rule of guns is for it to always be pointed in a safe direction, and second always assumed to be loaded. Even if it's been confirmed to be unloaded, rule number one still applies. This sad story is a lesson for all of us to never forget.

Top Bottom