jefferson gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Last Friday I shot my handgun there and I can say the facility is clean and employees were helpful. I inquired about bringing my Ar15 the following day and was told they were not allowed. Sadly I was no longer interested in purchasing the yearly membership.....I'm only 10 minutes away! Why not charge an additional fee, say $5.00 more per visit or per rifle you bring in there? I would gladly pay extra to cover any additional expenses the range may incur from using such rifle/ammo. Given the number of ar15's out there, our hot summers, being indoors to sight in your rifle or to just shoot is a win in my book. I'm glad to hear the indoor range in Arabi allows Ar15 rifles. I will make a trip over there tomorrow.

Ironically enough... they are working on an add-on to memberships that would allow for a member to bring in their rifle(s) (up to 30 06) and sight them/it in (at 25 yards). They would be required to purchase 10 round magazines of ammo from the desk as they would not be allowed to fire their own ammo. They are also working on "exclusive" options to specific membership levels... like Titanium members would have full auto packages not allowed to lower member levels... such as the Full Auto Glock 17L, for example.

Its a brand new range with an entirely different concept on memberships... so they are working out the kinks and trying to offer new options as they go.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I will never understand the need to shoot a rifle at 25yards.

I'm right there with you... but I think its more "I want to shoot it and not travel an hour away" than it is anything else. And, I mean, if you know what you're doing... you can sight it in for 100 yards at 25.

Now the full autos... you're not really going for accuracy even at 5 yards much less 25! haha. You're pretty much going for "lets see how much ceiling we can destroy".

Top Bottom