jefferson gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    what does it cost to shoot there? I went for the first time the other day to check out the Range setup/enviornment and meet Ben Mookie of Spikes Tactical. Well I liked the setup and plan to bring my AR tomorrow on my lunch break from work to shoot. What are their prices like? I can't find any info on their site.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It was recently $22.50 per hour and $10 extra for second person.

Wow, I had no idea. Typically I spend about 28 bucks to shoot there with 1 other person. Guess everything is getting more expensive. I used to have a membership but have problems finding the time to go lately.

Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    Unless things have changed, you can only shoot "large bore" rifles that belong to them. There is a rental fee. Been a few months since I've been there so things may have changed.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think this is the rate for Shooters Club.
    Jefferson cost more.

That's probably it. I shoot mostly at shooters club, and figured Jefferson gun would be the same. I don't pay attention when I ring up but I have shot there a few times

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Just to clarify.... Jefferson Indoor Range the prices are as follows...

Lane Rental - $22.50/hr. for a single shooter.
    Each Additional Shooter - $9.50/hr.
    Maximum of two shooters per lane (though you can round-robin if you like).

Hearing and Eye Protection - $1.50/hr.
    Targets Range from $1 - $2

You can shoot (from your firearm) pistol caliber ammo (no, AR-15s in a "pistol" configuration does not constitute pistol caliber). This would normally mean .22LR - .44 Magnum (does include .45 Long Colt and even .30 Carbine... Subsonic .300BLK is also allowed).

You ARE NOT ALLOWED to bring Rifle Caliber AR-15, AK-47, Rifles, Shotguns (Including Pistols that fire shotgun shells), etc.

You ARE ALLOWED bring PISTOL CALIBER rifles... so, as an example, an AR-15 Platform that shoots 9mm is allowed, Scorpion EVO is allowed, Kriss Vector, Kel-Tek Sub2k... you get the picture.

There are several packages you can rent, Pistol, Suppressed Firearms, Semi Auto Rifle and even FULL auto rifle.

If you've done the waiver at The Shooters Club, then it transfers over to Jefferson Indoor... or you can do it online via the website. MEMBERSHIPS DO NOT TRANSFER.

The memberships at Jefferson Indoor are more like a subscription, that bill each month following a one-time initial payment. If you come twice or more a week, the Gold Membership pays for itself just in Range Fees plus you get big discounts on additional shooters, packages, etc.

There are some more changes coming soon that may support additional options for members.

Hope this helps... If you have any questions, I will try to answer them as best I can.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Only thing that did not make sense to me was the rifle. So that killed the member ship fr me. As in
    I can rent a Garand and buy ammo and shoot that. That way the ammo is 100% controlled
    But I can not shoot my Garand with ammo I buy from you. Seems silly as all get out. But what do I know. Your Range your rules.
    Why not make them just buy all rifle ammo, and check bags?
    As in why does it have to be the range gun? I can see range ammo! But GUN?
    As is more likely that someone would rent a rifle and buy ammo as package and sneak in extra ammo. And not have lead core or Cast Lead.
    BTW I shoot "Cast LEAD" rifle mostly! As have bad shoulder, so shoot reduced rounds in cast loads.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah, ,I really don't want to shoot a gun that has been whored out to countless other people. I want to shoot MY gun(s). Personally I think it boils down to money. However, If I decide i want to try out a new pistol I'm unfamiliar with before I go and buy one, at least I'll know where I can go.

nola.bugler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 25, 2013
    New Orleans
    Yes, strange rules regarding the rifles to be sure. Also strange is the non-transferable membership between the two clubs. But again, their range so their rules. I will say, though, the range is nice, clean, and well lit. Their prices aren't that much more than other places. Despite living just 5 minutes from both Shooter's Club and Jefferson Gun Outlet, I prefer to drive the extra distance to Arabi to St. Bernard Indoor Shooting Center where I feel that their rules and the personalities there jive more with me. It's nice to have options. Even better, StBISC's new outdoor range is 10 minutes from me, just a quick jump over the Huey P. I have memberships to both their indoor and outdoor ranges.

Tanker

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Metairie, Louisana
    I live about 5 minutes from them also. I too make the drive to Arabi to go to SBISC. I resent the "you must rent our rifles" rule and am willing to drive to not spend my money at Jefferson. As others have said, their range-their rules. My money-not going to them. It's great to be an American and get to exercise choice!

Last edited:

Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    I went to Jefferson yesterday, rented a Springfield R/O 9mm, shot 1 box of FMJ, and the tab was $66!! Needless to say, I was sure there was an error with the system, but no, it was correct. Wow, didn't see that coming. :eek3:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I went to Jefferson yesterday, rented a Springfield R/O 9mm, shot 1 box of FMJ, and the tab was $66!! Needless to say, I was sure there was an error with the system, but no, it was correct. Wow, didn't see that coming. :eek3:

Any idea of the cost break down?

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Wow, I really feel for you guys. There is no way in heck I would pay that kind of money and have to abide by their restrictions to shoot there. Glad I live out in the country and can shoot on my own property with no restrictions what so ever!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom