New to me Glock 17 Gen1

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    So... last night with the help of a friend, I acquired a Glock 17 GEN1 Vienna Austria Stamped, Jul 1989 with a single U shaped Magazine. Incredible condition... I was literally blown away. No box or papers... but I hear that if you call Glock and provide the serial number, they will send you the sticker for the box (which I am purchasing a Tupperware box for it).

FullSizeR.jpg

Making a trip to the range today with it!!

Last edited:

JLodwick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2017
    New Orleans
    First let me say Great find , If you look online you can find a Glock case for it for about $20 . Inform Glock and they will give you what you need pretty much everything that comes with the gun . Enjoy shooting it .

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Gotta love the gen1's, I had a gen1 glock 21 along time ago, wish I would have kept it, but I have small hands, and it was like a 2x4 in the hands lol, the sf and gen4 are night and day diff.... But I would love to get my hands on a glock 19 or 23 gen1, nice find buddy!!!

lawarren0351

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Lafayette
    That's a Gen2. It has stippling on the front and back of the grip. The Gen1s have the pebble texture all the way around. Still neat to see the old ones though. I bet it works as well as it did on the Glock test range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    That's a Gen2. It has stippling on the front and back of the grip. The Gen1s have the pebble texture all the way around. Still neat to see the old ones though. I bet it works as well as it did on the Glock test range.

I kindly disagree. My gen 2 17 did not have the so called "stippling" on the front and back strap in the manner or shape as this one does. Could be maybe this one is a transitional gen1 to gen 2?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

Correct, it is a Gen 2 Glock.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been wanting to add a Gen 1 17 to my collection for some time now, probably because it was the most important handgun to come out since the 1911.

You found yourself a really nice example here!

Mike

Top Bottom