1st Gulf War

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Back when we started the invasion I worked 2 jobs one was at a bar doing clean up and mild maintenance. Now every morning would get up before crack of dawn go to work, before going to work
    Anyway to pass the time we had TV's every place. And the War was on.
    Man CNN has changed. The General would give day to day briefing, with his favorite high lights! And then take questions.
    He was what Trump would like to be like with the news. Sorry yiu know we can nt tell you that please do not ask we told you already do not ask that. It is Classified.
    We can not say what is next! Or what other things we did that are not released. As that is also Classified. We gave you what info we have that is not. Please ask questions that pertain to what we released
    We can not give the info you asked for as it would endanger troops, or future movement.
    And most of the time they would not give fake news or ask
    They showed real respect and were 100% grateful for the news briefing. If not the General would almost laugh at them! And say something like, you know better than that. DID YOU THINK YOU WOULD CATCH ME OFF GUARD!
    And in a light hearted way everyone would laugh
    My cousin was a nurse there 1st and 2nd times we were there. She laughed and said it was a dry heat. And that we should have just been there once and done.
    I know the Video was great. I was just thinking out loud, of how great the news used to be, when the real agenda was to report the news

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Oh and had guy back then make fun of me at my other job! For what? Being the lowly guy who mopped, stripped and waxes floors and cleaned bathrooms!
    But bought a home with 50% down and paid the 30 year note off in 16 years

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I hear you and agree. I remember watching the majority of broadcasts of the war back then. The news back then was definitely worth watching. Now a days, not so much so!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    There news was slightly slanted back then. Well, all the way back to Vietnam from what I've read. BUT the networks never forgot that they were AMERICAN networks and the US came first. The influence was subtle because they knew the viewers wouldn't watch if they were being lied to. TV was new and newspapers were old and they competed. But they were fairly honest and being a reporter was an honorable job. Now, I don't rate the info from the networks any higher than the National Enquirer!

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They have always had a slanted opinion, That reflected in what they reported, and how they did! But as of late really post an opinion 1st
    Never show the god that is being done. Not once did theyn show the troops bulding stuff, books and supplies given out and schools opened ect.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Almost all of the phony liberal ideological crap coming out of the major networks on a regular basis essentially started showing it's spots out in the open during the George W. Bush Presidency. You may remember when the Supreme Court had decided that Bush won over Gore. That is where this hysteria now originated. You may also remember, they called him names, said he was a drunk, said he was an illegitimate President, etc. Sound familiar?

This all coincides with the heightened level of corruption and thievery that comes with the Presidency for the leeches and parasites around them. When Bill Clinton defiled the office, it signaled the end of respect for the person(s), who would be the President.

To democrats, the Presidency is a gravy train. Just look at the Dumbass' years. The stealing and the pilfering was unprecedented. The Clintons didn't do to shabbily either. To refresh your memories, there was John Corzine stealing over a billion dollars that no one knows where it went. BTW: He settled with the federal regulators for only $5 million! Nice profit. Then the phony solar companies that stole billions. The exemptions of GE on everything, The stimulus that stole billions, and on and on.

For anyone with a scintilla of sense to believe these democrats give a rats ass about blacks, women, babies, the environment, and all the other **** they spout over their own personal avarice and power is lunacy.

The networks are losing viewership because they are corrupt. Instead of addressing their real problems, they double down on the horseshit. F'n idiots!

As a person that has seen the bias and the phoniness from the elite media for decades, I am delighted they are going down the tubes!

Long live Trump!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I watched the start of the war on tv in the air port in Japan.

I watched the start of the war in a jail. :eek3: But on the correct side of the bars! :mamoru: Back then I was a correctional officer and when the war started I happened to be working nights. Watched it til the end of my shift between making my rounds and attending to my duties. Went home after my shift and slept. When I woke, turned on the tv and watched the progress of it some more.

Top Bottom