Range bag suggestions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Alrighty folks , I need some suggestions for a range bag .
    I normally take about 6 pistols with me to pew pew with .
    What y'all got and will it kill my already crappy shoulder ?

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Alrighty folks , I need some suggestions for a range bag .
    I normally take about 6 pistols with me to pew pew with .
    What y'all got and will it kill my already crappy shoulder ?

Go to harbor freight or lows or something and get a rolling tool bag. I've been thinking about that, just haven't done it yet.

Sent from an unidentified bayou mobile device

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I have one of these and love it. It really only fits 4 handguns though. But I feel 6 would way too heavy with ammo and everything. With a bad shoulder, I'd say go with something like this for 3 or 4 pistols, and them a second bag for the remainders you want to tag along with you.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A5C17GO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Actually, if you think you might be interested in one like that, I have an extra that I should sell. Brand new, never used. Or if you'd just like to see one in person before you decide, let me know.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Explorer Tactical Heavy Duty Range Backpack With Adjustable Compartments R4

715iqZdJBPL._SY450_PIcountsize-600,TopRight,0,0_AA450SH20_.jpg

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L70I1J...t=&hvlocphy=9025161&hvtargid=pla-511432443032

Or the GPS tactical...

81DMD0DAJ7L._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/products/tactical-range-backpack/

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    When I go with 6+ guns, I typically take my caseclub 8 gun case with me Bc it has wheels and doesn't kill my shoulder.

Less than 6 guns i take my midway competition or compact range bag. But if you fill it up, it can get heavy.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    That caseclub looks nice .
    Doesn't look like it holds much ammo though.
    Great suggestions so far fellers , keep em coming.

Well typically when I go to the range, I bring 1 "platform" so for "glock day" I'll bring 8 glocks with 16 mags (15-22rnd mags), plus 8 mags IN the guns, and lets say avg 17 round mags, that's OVER 400 rounds loaded. I bring a small NRA duffle with boxes of ammo if I need extra. Typically I don't. Plus I usually use plugs and I wear glasses, though I pack an additional pair of prescription shooting glasses in the case.

I also use the competition bag from MIDWAYUSA, and I love it. BUT when you are bringing that many guns, where do you put them? So basically what ends up happening is you put 1 in each inner pocket, and then it comes with 2 gun "rugs" and you can put 1 in each of those, but you run out of space for the others, unless you buy more gun rugs or let them rub against each other. But once you factor in ammo and mags, it gets REALLY heavy to the point it leaves marks on my shoulders. Which some of you larger guys will probably think it's nothing but I prefer to stroll a case now a days.

My brother carries his gear, usually 2-3 guns in a pelican 1440. Has wheels and a handle. And its good enough for most quick range trips.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I carry a lot of stuff. Large range bag of ammo. Generally 600 rounds of CF and 300-500 rounds of rimfire.

Three to Five pistols Every Sunday. Shotgun once a month. Rimfire rifles a few times a year.

Plus, as I like to eat, I generally bring a lunch and cold waters.

I use a fold up wagon from Academy. For about fifty bucks you get a wagon that'll fit in any car, and store inside without taking up a whole room. I keep mine against the wall, under the carport.

It hauls all the heavy stuff, so I don't have to.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I carry a lot of stuff. Large range bag of ammo. Generally 600 rounds of CF and 300-500 rounds of rimfire.

Three to Five pistols Every Sunday. Shotgun once a month. Rimfire rifles a few times a year.

Plus, as I like to eat, I generally bring a lunch and cold waters.

I use a fold up wagon from Academy. For about fifty bucks you get a wagon that'll fit in any car, and store inside without taking up a whole room. I keep mine against the wall, under the carport.

It hauls all the heavy stuff, so I don't have to.

I'm pretty sure we have the same wagon. Which is fine for the outdoor range. But some indoor ranges you may have less space that a wagon behind you at your lane may not be feasible

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I use the Midway one but was bought locally at Academy Sports on sale
    It is heavy with 5-6 guns eyes and eras for 2
    So I carry a ammo bag My dads old Ditty Bag or tool bag same size
    I am looking at VooDoo Tactical for the smaller range bad fir when i go alone They also make a fine bag same as the Midway but is more but better.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    I use a 5.11 Range Qualifier and very happy with it. I have put up to 4 handguns and ammo in it. Helps if some are the same caliber. I added a hard plastic main compartment inner liner to the bottom, gives it some structure and helps support the load. Really like the separate, removable "ammo tote".

Top Bottom