Bar owners and guns.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Molonlabe40

papershredder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2014
    Westwego, LA
    So, here's the question, as a partial owner of a bar, can I legally carry a firearm while the bar is open and operating? I know the concealed carry law of not carrying concealed in an establishment that has a class a permit. But if the owner wants to carry to protect his investments what is the rule there? I'm pretty sure its what I'm thinking and it against the law but I wanted to know if anyone here had any info. Said bar is located in Gretna, LA.......

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    So, here's the question, as a partial owner of a bar, can I legally carry a firearm while the bar is open and operating? I know the concealed carry law of not carrying concealed in an establishment that has a class a permit. But if the owner wants to carry to protect his investments what is the rule there? I'm pretty sure its what I'm thinking and it against the law but I wanted to know if anyone here had any info. Said bar is located in Gretna, LA.......

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RS 14:95.5

§95.5. Possession of firearm on premises of alcoholic beverage outlet
    A. No person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.
    B. "Alcoholic beverage outlet" as used herein means any commercial establishment in which alcoholic beverages of either high or low alcoholic content are sold in individual servings for consumption on the premises, whether or not such sales are a primary or incidental purpose of the business of the establishment.
    C.(1) The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the owner or lessee of an alcoholic beverage outlet, an employee of such owner or lessee, or to a law enforcement officer or other person vested with law enforcement authority or listed in R.S. 14:95(G) or (H).
    (2) The provisions of this Section shall not apply to a person possessing a firearm in accordance with a concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to R.S. 40:1379.1 or 1379.3 on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet which has been issued a Class A-Restaurant permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950.
    (3) The provisions of this Section shall not be construed to limit the ability of a sheriff or chief law enforcement officer to establish policies within his department or office regarding the carrying of a concealed handgun on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet by any law enforcement officer under his authority.
    D. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.
    Acts 1985, No. 765, §1; Acts 2014, No. 147,

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    RS 14:95.5

§95.5. Possession of firearm on premises of alcoholic beverage outlet
    A. No person shall intentionally possess a firearm while on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet.
    B. "Alcoholic beverage outlet" as used herein means any commercial establishment in which alcoholic beverages of either high or low alcoholic content are sold in individual servings for consumption on the premises, whether or not such sales are a primary or incidental purpose of the business of the establishment.
    C.(1) The provisions of this Section shall not apply to the owner or lessee of an alcoholic beverage outlet, an employee of such owner or lessee, or to a law enforcement officer or other person vested with law enforcement authority or listed in R.S. 14:95(G) or (H).
    (2) The provisions of this Section shall not apply to a person possessing a firearm in accordance with a concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to R.S. 40:1379.1 or 1379.3 on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet which has been issued a Class A-Restaurant permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950.
    (3) The provisions of this Section shall not be construed to limit the ability of a sheriff or chief law enforcement officer to establish policies within his department or office regarding the carrying of a concealed handgun on the premises of an alcoholic beverage outlet by any law enforcement officer under his authority.
    D. Whoever violates the provisions of this Section shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months, or both.
    Acts 1985, No. 765, §1; Acts 2014, No. 147,

There you go. I guess by the statues you are good to go!

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Hit-N-Run.... 1800 Stumpf Blvd. Terrytown. It's a small bar where everyone knows everyone. Nothing to brag about. We are about to open a larger bar right next door called "The Endzone", as well...

I work on Tuesday nights all night. Other than that, my mom (Carla) is there more often than not. We do Domestic beer at 2.25, imports are 2.50, and Shots are 5.00, drink specials daily... NFL jump pools starting soon, pool league if you shoot, dart team is you throw darts.... It's not big or amazing, but if you want a small hole to go to where you can have a couple beers and relax with a TV, it's not to bad.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom